American Horror Story **SPOILERS**

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the first episode and part of the second. Usually not my genre but due to some peer pressure I'll stick with it. Seems interesting, I agree with the comment that its David Lynch meets The Shining. I think most of the characters are interesting, and the flashbacks are really creepy. I'm excited to get caught up over the weekend.

I erred on the side of ridiculous but I think also since they're working with 45 minutes per ep instead of 90 to 120 for a film, they take alot of the compression out and leave just the crazy stuff in. It's good in terms of keeping the viewer engrossed but they could do well to slow down the pacing - this again is what I came away with from the pilot episode. Allison said that the next two start to form more of a cohesive plot, I'll watch one tonight.

it is awesomely ridiculous!

and yeah, it definitely slows down a bit, gets more cohesive and you get a lot of answers (that create more questions, ahaha). don't judge it based solely on the 1st episode, because that was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. also, there's significantly less dylan mcdermott nakedness after the pilot.

What bodies were already in the grave that the Dad put his illegitimate baby's mama in?

It was the maid's body. That's why she watched from the window distressed and the neighbor said "guess you are never gonna leave" or something like that.

I guess if you are buried in the yard, you become a ghost. Expect the baby mama to come back.

I like it, just kind of wondering if this is going to be a mini series or run for several seasons.

How long can you sustain a family living in a haunted house? Eventually, seems like every character will figure it out or will die. Not sure if you could craft a believable story where someone lives in a haunted house for several seasons but doesn't die.

The maid is RIDICULOUSLY attractive....

I really want to like this show...i've been watching to see if it gets better, but I am only going to give it one more episode I think. All of the characters and the actors are awful, and everything is sooo boring and has been done before a million times. There is zero suspense or tension and it seems like they are basing the "scare" factor on gore (which isn't that gory) and jump scares, which wore out their welcome about 10 years ago. I really could give a shit less about what happens to these people, but I want to care, because it is such a cool idea.

I hate to be "that guy", but I really don't like this show, and feel exactly the same way about the walking dead.

And as for the best thing on TV right now, New season of Dexter is turning out to be pretty good even though colin hanks is a little stiff, and the new season of Sons of Anarchy is as good as ever.

I really want to like this show...i've been watching to see if it gets better, but I am only going to give it one more episode I think. All of the characters and the actors are awful, and everything is sooo boring and has been done before a million times. There is zero suspense or tension and it seems like they are basing the "scare" factor on gore (which isn't that gory) and jump scares, which wore out their welcome about 10 years ago. I really could give a shit less about what happens to these people, but I want to care, because it is such a cool idea.

I hate to be "that guy", but I really don't like this show, and feel exactly the same way about the walking dead.

And as for the best thing on TV right now, New season of Dexter is turning out to be pretty good even though colin hanks is a little stiff, and the new season of Sons of Anarchy is as good as ever.

you really think jessica lange is awful in this show? ...really?

you really think jessica lange is awful in this show? ...really?

Prob the best character on the show..so creepy and weird.

The only actor I'm not liking very much is Dylan McDerpderp and his (now dead) mistress from Boston. I wasn't believing her too much.

agreed! ahd i laughed so hard at 'mcderpderp'.

pretty accurate, though. can't wait til he has more terrible things happen to him!