VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I actually didn't hate the ending, Shawn's bad selling of the ref bump not withstanding. He was calling the match down the middle, and even missed counting Orton's legit pinfall victory while he was arguing with Triple H. Then Bryan got too cocky and went after Trips instead of trying to make sure Orton was done for, and Shawn stood up for his friend, no matter how shitty his friend has been lately. I thought the hesitation before starting to count the pinfall on Bryan was great, too. He realized what he had done but he knew he had promised "the WWE universe" that we would see a definitive victor, so he had to count to three, even though he didn't want to.

You also have to look at the bigger picture.  Punk needed to win his match to put that feud to rest.  Cena needed to win because they need to boost ratings for Smackdown and try to increase ticket sales for Smackdown house shows.  That's two huge face wins, you can't expect them to put three huge faces wins (having Bryan win the title as well) on one PPV.  Bryan will probably win the title at SS, unless he's in a match with Triple H, which is also very likely.

Saw the results of the PPV. Glad that the Rhodes were able to retain the title and was bummed that the Real American lost. Honestly thought that Sandow would've cashed in and I'm glad to see the ADR is fianlly no longer the WHC. Gonna wear my new D-Bry shirt tonight for Raw in honor of his loss. When will Sandow cash in? SS?

My problem with the ending is that I want the fued to end. It's starting to get stale and they really don't have great memorable matches together. I wanted a clean finish and we move on one way or another. I figured if they are going to make him champion they will do it at revolution and make survivor series a 3 or 4 man tag match with D-Bry and Orton involved or have D-Bry face Triple Snooze. I am glad that the Punk fued is over and I glad that Smackdown might be more exciting now.

Not a huge fan of last night's ending either. Could this potentially lead to Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble and winning it all at Wrestlemania? That would be MUCH better, in my opinion. Maybe too high of expectations. Regardless, I'm excited for WWE 2k14 tomorrow. Anybody else?

Scott makes some great points, but the bump spoiled everything. You can still achieve that result, but at least put in a little more effort to make it believable.

Best goes to the entire 3 way tag match. That was awesome. Also to Aj and Brie for putting on one of the better matches of the night with one of the better finishes of the night.

Worsts go to a show that felt way too much like raw.. again. To the punk Heyman feud going out with a whimper. To Sandow not cashing in after a brutally uninteresting WHC match. And especially to big show not even getting involved. Then again, what were we really to expect from a show that has r truth on the poster?