VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

It seems so simple: they could have just announced Johnny Ace before he was named interim GM and been done with it. Cole likes him, so they would have had that tie-in, and he is still in authority. The pieces fit, it's just lazy writing or something. Who knows?

that was always kind of the thought i had. for a little while, i wondered if that actually happened and i just missed it.

but thanks to that article, i just lost about an hour on the bleacher report

Below is the card for Elimination Chamber on Sunday, and it looks pretty sparse right now. Only 4 matches announced, so there will be plenty of time for "a look at John Cena's Wrestlemania opponent, the Rock!" videos. Even though i like the chamber matches, i can't say i'm particularly stoked on any of these.

1 Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship

CM Punk © vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Kofi Kingston

Note: As a result of winning a Six-Pack Challenge on Raw, Chris Jericho will be the last entrant into the match.

2 Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan © vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show vs. The Great Khali vs. Santino Marella

3 Ambulance Match

Kane vs. John Cena

4 Divas Championship Match (maybe?)

Beth Phoenix © vs. Tamina Snuka

My picks:

1) CM Punk pinning Chris Jericho or vice-versa.

2) Daniel Bryan (World Heavyweight Champion! YES! YES!) with the vegan beard of doom splash from the top of the pod onto Big Show, causing him to fall under the chamber into Kane's firey under-ring hell.

3) Kane, after Zach Ryder interferes and uses the fist-pump distraction to cost Cena the match.

4) Beth Phoenix, via roll-up.

God that card is bad. i think the Raw match will be decent if done right. Keep Miz out of most of it and should be ok. The Ambulance match will be Cena winning after embracing the hate in some way. Makes no sense to have him lose this feud going into the Rock next month. I dont understand why he cant embrace the hate easily, he did after all put Batista through the stage after he quit, and dropped a pile of chairs suspended 50 feet high on Barrett after the match.

If Beth wins by roll up I think I will break the tv. The divas rollup out of nowhere thing needs to end. turn it into something else.

Below is the card for Elimination Chamber on Sunday, and it looks pretty sparse right now. Only 4 matches announced, so there will be plenty of time for "a look at John Cena's Wrestlemania opponent, the Rock!" videos. Even though i like the chamber matches, i can't say i'm particularly stoked on any of these.

1 Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship

CM Punk © vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Kofi Kingston

Note: As a result of winning a Six-Pack Challenge on Raw, Chris Jericho will be the last entrant into the match.

2 Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan © vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show vs. The Great Khali vs. Santino Marella

3 Ambulance Match

Kane vs. John Cena

4 Divas Championship Match (maybe?)

Beth Phoenix © vs. Tamina Snuka

My picks:

1) CM Punk pinning Chris Jericho or vice-versa.

2) Daniel Bryan (World Heavyweight Champion! YES! YES!) with the vegan beard of doom splash from the top of the pod onto Big Show, causing him to fall under the chamber into Kane's firey under-ring hell.

3) Kane, after Zach Ryder interferes and uses the fist-pump distraction to cost Cena the match.

4) Beth Phoenix, via roll-up.

1) Jericho

2) Bryan

3) Cena (need him to focus on his feud with the rock now)

4) Honestly who cares

It's kind of insane to think that Wrestlemania is, what, five weeks away and I still don't care about the Rock/Cena match. And they had AN ENTIRE YEAR to build it up!

THIS THIS THIS. i don't care about their Twitter/ Facebook followers, Cena's lady parts, gay jokes, or any of the other bull crap. And, in my mind, it's not Cena's fault. How can he build up to the match all on his own? Yeah, they had the Survivor Series match and the fallout from Wrestlemania, but that's it. Rock hasn't really contributed much; why are they fighting each other? i mean, i know it's supposed to be a draw all on its own, but there should be some sort of story to build it.

Wow, I have forgotten why they are going against each other. Have they explained that at all last year and I just lost it in all the boots to asses and fruity pebble jokes? The funny thing about this feud is it has made me hate the Rock more and like Cena more. Cena is working his ass off in stupid feuds all year long that make no sense all the while having to defend himself from a guy who takes 10 minutes to say "I think gay jokes are funny".

I think part of their error was announcing it a year ago. In this day and age, nobody has the attention span to care about the Rock vs. Cena for an entire year. Survivor Series would have been a good time to bring up the conflict. It would have been a nice surprise because you know most of Wrestlemania as a result of the Royal Rumble.

Wow, I have forgotten why they are going against each other. Have they explained that at all last year and I just lost it in all the boots to asses and fruity pebble jokes? The funny thing about this feud is it has made me hate the Rock more and like Cena more. Cena is working his ass off in stupid feuds all year long that make no sense all the while having to defend himself from a guy who takes 10 minutes to say "I think gay jokes are funny".

I agree with you on this one. As much as I hate Cena I do have to respect him for carrying this feud on his shoulders. Just to end up jobbing The Rock so Vince can make a quick buck. The worse part is that The Rock will be part of wrestlemania 29 as well. So we'll be subjected to another year of "via satelitte" promos.

thoughts on the chamber:

really enjoyed the wwe championship match. thought it had a lot of great spots, and by god, ziggler is incredible.

womens match- hey, ill give it a B+. they performed well, but jesus, how many times did she need to go to the top rope??

us title match- nooope.

heavyweight title match- khali needs to go. immediately. i still dont believe the guy even has knees. but he comes in, walks to the middle of the ring, and for 30 seconds stands still while people run at him and fall down. a moment later, hes taken down by a big show spear, and thats the end of it.

and i dont think ive mentioned it in this thread before, but i would like to say that big show is easily one of my least favorite wrestlers of all time. ive never found anything even slightly interesting or enjoyable about him.

cena kane- this entire feud was rendered entirely pointless by this match. sure, raws antics were amazing last week, but i cannot believe we just sat through a month of "hate! hate, cena!! haaaaaate!" for that

how do ryder and eve not even make an appearance?

so basically, everyone retains, cena beats kane, and absolutely nothing is accomplished.

at least del rio and christian are back. that, and maybe people will actually embrace laurenitis moving forward. i still nearly choked once i heard the crowd chanting for triple h to come out.

just went back and rewatched some.

smackdown chamber was pretty rough to start, but it definitely picked up at the end. but heres my gripe..

i dont hate santino because hes a gimmick character. i hate him because his entire style of wrestling is a gimmick. if the dude just fucking moved around like a human being, instead of making something as simple as hitting the ropes goofy, he would be 1,000 times more tolerable.

and there was a 2 minute stretch in that match when michael cole said "nobody home!" three times.

A couple of friends ended up ordering it, but I couldn't make it to watch it. After it was over I got a text that read something along the lines of "fuck worse than the rumble". But I can't put any input in seeing as I haven't seen it. I've got the day off so I might order it or download it. Not sure which yet.

just went back and rewatched some.

smackdown chamber was pretty rough to start, but it definitely picked up at the end. but heres my gripe..

i dont hate santino because hes a gimmick character. i hate him because his entire style of wrestling is a gimmick. if the dude just fucking moved around like a human being, instead of making something as simple as hitting the ropes goofy, he would be 1,000 times more tolerable.

and there was a 2 minute stretch in that match when michael cole said "nobody home!" three times.

The sad part is that the WWE is actually considering putting a belt on him. They're catering to the pre-teen male market right now and they love Santino. Found out the other week that he lives right down the street from my work (in Milton, Ontario). Apparently when the WWE is in Toronto a lot of the guys go over to his place to party. I should go egg his house.

PS It's nice to see someone else admit not liking big show. He can't cut promos, all he does is slobber on the mic and he can't really wrestle. His matches are always slow paced and boring. I laughed so hard when he botched the first RKO on last weeks Smackdown.

Like you two, i thought the PPV was lackluster. It was interesting that the RAW chamber went on first. The match was pretty solid. It was strange that R-Truth was eliminated so quickly. i thought Kofi and Dolph had the best performances, and Kofi took a lot of the worst bumps. Definitely not the finish i had expected with Jericho being "injured," so i give them credit for the surprise factor.

The SD chamber was decent once it got going. The first few minutes were not good though. The spot with Big Show breaking into Bryan's pod was innovative and a new twist on the gimmick. i couldn't believe how over Santino was with the crowd last night. Like a lot of people, i was expecting him to be taken out of the match before it even started, but he did a great job with what he had to work with last night.

Beth vs. Tamina was miles ahead of what we've been told is "divas wrestling" the past few months, so props to them.

The rest of the PPV was poor. i don't know what Johnny's "Big Game-Changing Announcement" was. That he was vying for Teddy's job? Who knows?

It wasn't a great PPV, but not atrocious, either.