VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I can't wait for Kharma to destroy Beth and Natalya. It really seems like they buy into the storyline of them being so great. Nattie has always failed to impress me, and while I like Beth, good lord she needs someone that can compete with her and knock her down a few pegs.

Also, Ziggler got fucking manhandled by Kharma. Holy shit she had no issue getting him up that high for the implant buster.

A read that they still hadn't decided on who was actually going to win the Rumble until the late afternoon. Like I said before as much as I hate Jericho you had weeks of build up for him to win the rumble. Then he doesn't. Doesn't sit well with me. They better redeem themselves with giving him an elimination chamber win.

Ive always thought that Jericho is going after Taker at WM. Thats what the whole End of theWorld thing is. He wants to destroy him. It fits with the vignettes that aired. I like Sheamus winning as he is a young guy that can really benefit from the big push that will come from it. I like the RR being used as a stepping stone to elevate a guy opposed to an established star getting the win like Orton/Cena/Taker have recently. Brings it back to the 90's feel of it.

If The Undertaker loses at Mania I'd like to see it happen with a younger guy. A guy who's just on his way up rather than Jericho who only has a couple years left. That way it could build his career around being the man that beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. But who knows. I thought with the whole "reclaiming what is mine" that he'd be coming back for a title.

As a side note, ROH just announced a date in Toronto in May. So stoked that they're finally coming back.

Ive always thought that Jericho is going after Taker at WM. Thats what the whole End of theWorld thing is. He wants to destroy him. It fits with the vignettes that aired. I like Sheamus winning as he is a young guy that can really benefit from the big push that will come from it. I like the RR being used as a stepping stone to elevate a guy opposed to an established star getting the win like Orton/Cena/Taker have recently. Brings it back to the 90's feel of it.

If The Undertaker loses at Mania I'd like to see it happen with a younger guy. A guy who's just on his way up rather than Jericho who only has a couple years left. That way it could build his career around being the man that beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. But who knows. I thought with the whole "reclaiming what is mine" that he'd be coming back for a title.

As a side note, ROH just announced a date in Toronto in May. So stoked that they're finally coming back.

It is tough though on who could beat him. They cant be too young or people wouldnt believe it. Brodus Clay would not go over as being able to beat him no matter how big a monster they pushed him as. They cant be too old though cause it should be used to get someone over, so out goes HHH and Show. Who is left? Orton? He tried and lost. Punk? they got a bit of a past, but he is too over as a face to do it and has a better feud going on. They should have had Barrett do it last year with Nexus staying together and him having to use all of them to get Taker down for the pin.

punk and bryan cutting an awesome promo together while both holding titles. cant wait to hear crime bitch about this for some ridiculous reason.

This coming from someone who said the WWE needs more "silliness"

How about you call Triple H and get him to schedule Santino Marella, Eugene and maybe if you're lucky Golga to cut a promo so you can jerk off to it all over you mom's keyboard.

You also like Cena (or at least want to see him "wrestle") so you're either a 13 year old boy or just flat out retarded.

That's all I have to say about that.

i want a cena heel turn or hiatus as much as anyone else. every fucking week he gets on the mic and spits the same rise above bullshit and doesnt make a lick of progress.

i dont expect progress from him. it seems damn near financially impossible.

so i put up with him. because when hes in the ring, hes capable of putting on fairly entertaning matches that often have their spots on a big stage.

youve done nothing but hate hate hate hate all over the wwe. never the slightest positive appears. yet you keep watching, and keep bitching.

and im a pathetic adolescent shut in who faps with a cobra sleeve on.

i

youve done nothing but hate hate hate hate all over the wwe. never the slightest positive appears. yet you keep watching, and keep bitching.

That would be because the product the WWE is putting out right now is garbage. A lot of people would agree to that. I've been watching pro wrestling for about 25 years now and what the WWE is pumping out each week is some the biggest crap they have ever produced. With exclusion of a couple years in the mid to late 90s.

There is so much potential with the WWE right now but they just don't deliver it. Instead of seeing great wrestling feuds between people like Punk and Ziggler we're forced to watch Daniel Bryan have to act like he can't wreslte against Big Show. The company literally has some of the best wrestlers in the world and they're not doing anything with them. ROH probably has the weakest roster in the company's history right now but any one of their matches is light years above what the WWE is doing. Hell even TNA matches are better scripted and executed than WWE these days (Roode also makes for a great heel champion).

So I bitch because what I watch every week is crap and I keep on watching because I'm hoping they can actually turn their business around. Hell bring back Freddie Prince Jr. He was probably one of the best writers they've had in recent memory. He's the one who came up with Nexus. Just take a shot in the dark when he left the company (when Punk took over Nexus and it just became shit).

I would love to see a product that is not put out there to get one over on the "internet' insiders. The only reason Shaemous won last night is because Vince didn't want the rumble to be predictable. Predicatable isn't always bad if it's delivered properly and in an entertaining fashion. Anyways I could go on forever about this, but I won't. You keep thinking what the WWE puts out right now is good.

then youre clearly not reading ANYTHING i say on here. im well aware of the potential it has. well aware that its not nearly as good as it has been or could be. fuck, that punk/bryan match tonight was the best match ive seen in 6 months.

but unlike you, i find enough enjoyment in what happens to appreciate it. clay, laurenitis, punk, bryan, jericho, kharma... all enough to keep me satisfied enough to continue watching.

you know damn well that this company is unbelievable spiteful of its smarter fans- and you should know by now, that until serious change takes place in the writers room, that its probably going to stay that way.

That Punk/Bryan match was great. I never thought I would see a match of that caliber in WWE. Its far from the best the two have done together, but I will certainly take it any day of the week. The Ziggler/Orton match was good too, better than any ROH match going on now, and I loathe Orton.

Crime comes off sounding like an Indy fanboy who feels he needs to complain about EVERYTHING a major company does. Yeah WWE makes a shitload of stupid stuff. They also do a lot of good stuff. Brodus Clay's gimmick is something that Chikara would do. And they sell it the same way as Chikara would too. Im sorry that the WWE isnt doing 75 steel chair headshots while on top of the Cell and being thrown into a pit of glass and whatever stupid shit CZW is doing. That isnt entertaining, it is just moronic.

That Punk/Bryan match was great. I never thought I would see a match of that caliber in WWE. Its far from the best the two have done together, but I will certainly take it any day of the week. The Ziggler/Orton match was good too, better than any ROH match going on now, and I loathe Orton.

Crime comes off sounding like an Indy fanboy who feels he needs to complain about EVERYTHING a major company does. Yeah WWE makes a shitload of stupid stuff. They also do a lot of good stuff. Brodus Clay's gimmick is something that Chikara would do. And they sell it the same way as Chikara would too. Im sorry that the WWE isnt doing 75 steel chair headshots while on top of the Cell and being thrown into a pit of glass and whatever stupid shit CZW is doing. That isnt entertaining, it is just moronic.

CZW is shit. Plain and simple.

Clay's gimmick works. But give the man a real match already. You can't honestly say you're happy seeing him come out each week and having his enterance last longer than his matches.

The brass in the WWE just love their bodybuilders too much to make any improvements. You can't honestly say and Orton/Shaemous/Big Show etc etc etc match is entertaining when they do the same three moves over and over again. Oh look Orton is wrestling. Scoop slam off the ropes ... DDT from the ropes ... OH NO! opponent countered the RKO ... Orton counters next move and lands RKO! EXCITING!

These guys have as much business being in the ring as Hulk Hogan does because they're the exact same. They have three or four moves tops.

So excuse me for being a fan of professional wrestling and not sports entertainment.

The WWE used to set the bar for professional wrestling, these days all they care about is how many t-shirts they sell. It's unfortunate that people just settle for it.

i thought Raw was pretty good. Missed the ending of Punk/Bryan thanks to TV troubles, and of course i missed Jericho. Oh well. i was so stoked that T Reks got some offense in on Brodus, but, alas, still a squash match. As mentioned above, Orton/Ziggler was good. i think i could get behind Orton, but he needs some charisma. Badly. i am thinking that it would be cool if he and Bryan could feud; they could probably put a good match together.

i fell asleep before the H/Johnny Ace/Undertaker stuff, but i do know i don't want to see another H/Taker match. i thought last year's was over-rated and ended awkwardly. On the other hand, who could really be seen as a credible threat to the Streak (apart from Cena)? As much as i'd like to see a guy like Sheamus, Rhodes, Ziggler, Punk, or even McIntyre challenge Taker, we all know that Taker would win. So, i can kind of see where WWE is coming from on this. i just don't care about Triple H at all anymore.

triple h kind of johnny cash'd takers ass and said it aint me babe. hopefully they do recognize that we dont need to see that match again, and that it is time to make something fresh happen

orton ziggler was alright, but i just love ziggler. he sells matches better than anyone else in the company. orton frustrates me, because his matches are typically paint by numbers.. i need some damn variation.

when i mention that things need to get silly, im looking right at randy orton. the nu metal style of badass tough guy needs to go away, and be left to the ufc where it belongs. guys cant be running around with that kind of attitude, because it feels way too much like real life douchebaggery which doesnt translate well into fake wrestling.

we need silly most importantly though, as a means of washing clean the homophobia. i dont want to hear cm punk calling people women and questioning their manhood. i want guys wearing flamboyant tights, and no one second guessing it.

So WM card currently is:

Punk v. Jericho

Sheamus v. Bryan

Undertaker v. HHH

Probably Kharma v. Beth Phoenix, too.

Big Show v. Shaq is in the works as well.

And the MITB match is coming back to WM, as well.

when i mention that things need to get silly, im looking right at randy orton. the nu metal style of badass tough guy needs to go away, and be left to the ufc where it belongs. guys cant be running around with that kind of attitude, because it feels way too much like real life douchebaggery which doesnt translate well into fake wrestling.

we need silly most importantly though, as a means of washing clean the homophobia. i dont want to hear cm punk calling people women and questioning their manhood. i want guys wearing flamboyant tights, and no one second guessing it.

This. Im not watching the UFC, I dont want to see brutal shots to the head, I dont wanna see a bunch of tough guys all looking the same. I wanna see a guy from the future come here and destroy everyone. I wanna see a man that may or maynot be dead, but is obsessed with dying and funerals, I wanna see a 7 foot man in a body suit that has fur on it and muscles outlined....I want to be entertained. If I want a technical match, I will go watch a match in ROH where there is barely any personality and its all counters and strikes. When I want entertainment I watch WWE. Forgive us for wanting to be entertained. Your logic in all of this crime is that I shouldnt watch a game between the Mets and the Padres because there are better baseball teams out there. It is a flawed arguement.

In my opinion, the WWE doesn't have enough of that (which might be what you guys are saying). It's mostly guys/ girls called "First Lastname" who look similar and have no story or character. i don't need over-the-top gimmicks, but just a bit more color and uniqueness would do wonders. It's the same problem i have with MMA/UFC; it just seems like it's a bunch of generic badasses.