VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Yeah, not a very good PPV. Glad I wasn't paying for it this month (a friend of a friend is a beta-tester for some new satellite system, and he gets to order all PPV stuff for free).

My three guys were Kofi, Wade and Big Show. Actually thought the last two had a chance at winning. Womp womp.

Why make such a HUGE deal about Jericho returning only to have him lose to Sheamus? What's the point?

That was fun, even though I ended up with Miz, Santino, and Road Dogg - one entry after Sheamus.

I actually thought Miz might have a chance given his grand entrance and promo - though I should have known better when I saw the hastily applied fake tan.

Thanks for organizing it, enjoy the money to the winner.

i didnt really have a problem tonight, even though im seeing A LOT of "it sucked" out there.

at times, it kind of felt like an episode of raw, considering how much inactivity there was. and did we really need to see the rumble numbers package twice?

also realize that a lot of stories that we expected results from tonight are still kind of loose- mostly jericho.

but i found a majority of the event mostly entertaining, and marked out for a lot of good spots. kofis handstand was awesome, ziggler had a hell of a match even though he eventually got squashed, and i thought the kane character went in an awesome direction tonight.

during the show, my friends and i came up with the perfect end for taker's career.

once he loses at wrestlemania, he shatters and turns to dust. out comes paul bearer to scoop him up into the urn, which will then go on to provide the powers of darkness to a new up-and-coming breed of the undertaker.

oh, and nothing unfair about the drawing. only ended up with alex riley and lawler ::)

The cage match seemed rushed and it felt as though it ended abrubtly. Not sure if someone hurt themselves so they had to change the ending on the fly, but it just seemed like it ended quickly. I was raelly hoping Bryan would drop the title to Henry. Bryan's whole cowardly champion persona got old before it even started. Hopefully they'll move on to someone else for Bryan to feud with now. Somone who we can actually have a decent match with.

The Divas match was a typical Divas match. The WWE needs to watch some TNA Knockout matches to see what they should be doing. I'm assuming the end was to set up Beth/Kharma.

Cena/Kane, wasn't expecting anything from this match. Kane has been painfully boring to watch on Raw since he came back and Cena is just horrible in the ring. The match moved slowly and was fairly boring. Cena managed to botch moves left right and centre like he always does. The five knuckle shuffle off the top rope was pathetic. He didn't even come close to landing that. Ending in a count out only makes me assume they're not done with this feud. What makes this feud worse is that it's just become a vehicle to get Zack Ryder off tv. We all had to sit through a painfully boring and horribly delivered attach on Ryder on Monday night. There really was no need to sit through another one. I understand they're trying to write him off tv, but three attacks now just seems like a little too much.

Punk/Ziggler. This match was okay. They botched a GTS pretty bad, but other than that it was exciting. Although it largely felt like a main event we'd see on Raw and not one that we would see on a PPV. I really hope they don't end this feud. These guys are probably two of the best talents the WWE has and they could really develop this into a great feud.

The rumble match was probably one of the worst I have ever seen. Outside of Kofi's handstand (that was nothing short of amazing) it was just boring. There were far too many "joke/gag" entries. Or at least it seemed like it. All three commentartors did not need to enter. The worst part was that pretty much every "joke" entry was eliminated before the next participant came down to the ring (ie Hacksaw). As much as I hate Jericho I was hoping he would win it. He looked sloppy and slow when it was just him and Shaemous left in the ring. Although I'm not sure if that's Jericho being rusty or Shaemous not being able to sell moves. At any rate the end of the match was a perfect example of what's wrong with WWE's writing today. Who cares if everyone on the internet thinks Jericho is going to win. Don't switch it to Shaemous at the last minute to spite internet dorks. You have one of your biggest superstars of all time ready to go to headline your biggest event of the year and then you have him get eliminated. Horrible.

At the end of the night this PPV just felt like they re-wrote it about an hour before air time. I'm really glad I watched this with a bunch of friends and we split the cost, because if i had paid full price for it I would have been pissed off.

i was most upset with the Drew/ Brodus match. i was hoping Drew would actually get to win a match and or at least have a competitive match. This man is a former Intercontinental Champion and was in the Elimination Chamber a year ago. Nope; squash match. On a PPV that people are paying $50 to see. Fantastic.

The Rumble was alright, but, as others said, there weren't enough stars in it. Would have been fine if either Lawler or Booker entered, but not both and Cole. i loved Ricardo's entrance, though. That was hilarious. And Kofi was awesome.

i was hoping they would explain what Jericho meant by "the end of the world as you know it," but i guess maybe i read too much into it and he was just doing some pre-Rumble posturing.

Oh, and i know it was probably a long-shot, but i was hoping Brock Lesnar would show up and F5 some jobbers.

i called lesnar #30 before it started. shame.

is it really so much to ask for one of clays opponents to at least get in some offense? 5 minutes of dancing. a minute of jiggling during the faceoff. 1-2 minutes of wrestling. 5 more minutes of dancing.

as for the cage match- that ended just as it needed to. bryan got a clean victory without any fuss, and it was just as long as we needed it to be. get big show off my screen as quickly as possible.

I actually liked the ending of the cage match for its realism. Bryan has to weigh at minimum 205 lbs or so, and even someone as strong as Show wouldn't be able to physically hold him with one arm for more than a few seconds. It was a smart ending that kept Bryan evolving as the cowardly heel and makes Show question his own strength and skill. Wrestling matches that actually support physics are A-OK in my book.

I was pretty happy with the ppv overall. Take out the Ryder stuff and it was pretty good. Not great, but I enjoyed it. As far as Ryan complaining, I had Ricardo, Jinder Mahal and Jey Uso...

I did win the pool though with my friends, so that was nice, only got 30 though. Ill post the order soon, I gotta go send the winner his money.

A read that they still hadn't decided on who was actually going to win the Rumble until the late afternoon. Like I said before as much as I hate Jericho you had weeks of build up for him to win the rumble. Then he doesn't. Doesn't sit well with me. They better redeem themselves with giving him an elimination chamber win.

in order:

1)Sirrichardrichard- Miz

2)ry as a kite- Riley

3)knifeparty- Truth

4)onlettingjoe- Rhodes

5)kjm23- justin gabriel

6)onlettingjoe- Primo

7)ry's friend- Foley

8)selfreliable-Ricardo Rodriguez

9)sirrichardrichard- Santino

10)enjoyadrian-Epico

11)scott-Kofi

12)ry as a kite- Lawler

13)knifeparty- Ezekiel Jackson

14)selfreliable- Jinder Mahal

15)ry's friend- Great Khali

16)enjoyadrian- Hunico

17)enjoyadrian- Booker T

18)ry as a kite- Dolph Ziggler

19)kevin848- Hacksaw

20)onlettingjoe- Cole

21)kjm23- Kharma

22)ry's friend- Sheamus

23)sirrichardrichard- Road Dogg

24)selfreliable- Jey Uso

25)kevin848- Swagger

26)scott- Wade Barrett

27)kjm23- David Otunga

28)knifeparty- Orton

29)kevin848- Jericho

30)scott- Big Show

not a lot of big names were in the match at all. One of my friends had every single mexican/billed as mexican wrestler and Road Dogg.

Im glad that we were able to get 10 people in on this and all send their money in such a small ammount of time. I've always wanted to do this for the MITB match, but not sure how to pull that one off, also want to set up some sort of "fantasy" wrestling thing as well, where you get points for wins/ppv appearances/title shots etc but gotta figure out how to score that.

A read that they still hadn't decided on who was actually going to win the Rumble until the late afternoon. Like I said before as much as I hate Jericho you had weeks of build up for him to win the rumble. Then he doesn't. Doesn't sit well with me. They better redeem themselves with giving him an elimination chamber win.

Ive always thought that Jericho is going after Taker at WM. Thats what the whole End of theWorld thing is. He wants to destroy him. It fits with the vignettes that aired. I like Sheamus winning as he is a young guy that can really benefit from the big push that will come from it. I like the RR being used as a stepping stone to elevate a guy opposed to an established star getting the win like Orton/Cena/Taker have recently. Brings it back to the 90's feel of it.

we were saying the winning the rumble should be the ticket to fight taker. every clown gets a title shot.. go after whats really important at wrestlemania.

and yes, there were far too many "no chance in hell" entries in the rumble. realized it around 24 or 25 when it was like, holy shit we still havent seen jericho orton kane cena punk or stone cold. they needed to pump in at least 2 or 3 more superstars - or at least someone you could imagine as having an outside shot at winning.

part of me also wanted cena to come in 2nd, and go on a hate fueled rage and destroy every single person.

Ive always thought that Jericho is going after Taker at WM. Thats what the whole End of theWorld thing is. He wants to destroy him. It fits with the vignettes that aired. I like Sheamus winning as he is a young guy that can really benefit from the big push that will come from it. I like the RR being used as a stepping stone to elevate a guy opposed to an established star getting the win like Orton/Cena/Taker have recently. Brings it back to the 90's feel of it.

ricardo may have been my favorite moment of the night. came out with the exact same arrogance of adr, and not a lick of it felt forced. "yeah im rollin up in a beat down jalopy, what of it? im wonderful!"

i hope hes around for a very long time.

this company needs more sillyness, and i think developing managers again is key for that.

we were saying the winning the rumble should be the ticket to fight taker. every clown gets a title shot.. go after whats really important at wrestlemania.

I kind of love this idea. What if Sheamus cuts a promo tonight and says he'll forfeit his title shot to Jericho so he can challenge Taker? That would be awesome.

Ricardo was great. I was hoping he would be wearing ADR trunks too. That would have been the perfect touch. I love how the crowd cheered him too. Ever since La Cucaracha the crowd has loved him. The company just needs better sillyness. Less Teddy Long inuendos and fart jokes from Natalya.

That would really make the world title seem REALLY insignificant

the world title is pretty much the equivalent of the IC title in the 90s at this point anyway.

wear a belt that countless guys have worn, or win the one match that no one else has ever won?

and you mention the crowd loving ricardo-

the crowd was awesome last night. i think they had a huge impact on me enjoying the event.

Ricardo was great. I was hoping he would be wearing ADR trunks too. That would have been the perfect touch. I love how the crowd cheered him too. Ever since La Cucaracha the crowd has loved him. The company just needs better sillyness. Less Teddy Long inuendos and fart jokes from Natalya.

Man, that was so awkward on Smackdown. i felt so bad for Natalya. And i have no idea what purpose Aksana serves on Smackdown. i'm glad Kharma is back so she can destroy the worthless divas and feud with Beth or Natalya and have a decent match in that division for the first time in a long time.