VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

triple h kind of johnny cash'd takers ass and said it aint me babe. hopefully they do recognize that we dont need to see that match again, and that it is time to make something fresh happen

I actually don't know how the Taker/HHH staredown ended. I watched it on DVR last night after getting home from the Weatherbox show, and even though I give Raw a 15-minute overrun on my DVR, it still cut off right when (I think) Taker was about to point to the WM sign. What happened?

Just to play devil's advocate. Then how to do you feel about WWE wrestlers adopting an MMA fighter persona? Big Show and Undertaker are two names that come to my head.

i mean, i guess i'm biased since i am a WWE fan, but i feel that they are different because they have separate gimmicks that they incorporated the MMA style into. Taker being the Deadman and Big Show being the World's Largest Athlete. It's not like they are just some guy named Duke Fisticuffs who is 6'8" 295lbs. and has no personality but can slap jobbers into a triangle hold. Big Show and Undertaker have the charisma and the gimmick, so it is OK to me. Again, i am biased because i am pro-WWE and indifferent to UFC.

triple h kind of johnny cash'd takers ass and said it aint me babe. hopefully they do recognize that we dont need to see that match again, and that it is time to make something fresh happen

I actually don't know how the Taker/HHH staredown ended. I watched it on DVR last night after getting home from the Weatherbox show, and even though I give Raw a 15-minute overrun on my DVR, it still cut off right when (I think) Taker was about to point to the WM sign. What happened?

Not sure exactly what you did and didnt see, so Ill just recap it all. Taker comes out and they stare at each other for a while. Then Taker looks up to the sign while HHH still stares at him. Taker does the throat cut thing and stares back. HHH puts his hand on Takers shoulder and walks off. He paused at the top of the ramp and continued to the back while Taker stood in the ring with a "what am I going to do now? No one wants to face me" look.

Not sure exactly what you did and didnt see, so Ill just recap it all. Taker comes out and they stare at each other for a while. Then Taker looks up to the sign while HHH still stares at him. Taker does the throat cut thing and stares back. HHH puts his hand on Takers shoulder and walks off. He paused at the top of the ramp and continued to the back while Taker stood in the ring with a "what am I going to do now? No one wants to face me" look.

I missed it from the throat-cut thing on. Thanks for the recap! Stupid 20-minute Raw overruns.

They announced two more matches for Elimination Chamber

Cena v. Kane in a no DQ/Countout match

Smackdown elmination chamber will feature

- Daniel Bryan

-The Great Khali

-Big Show

-Cody Rhodes

-Randy Orton

-Wade Barrett

Get rid of Khali and that looks like a great match. I'm hoping Christian is able to come back before EC and they replace Khali with him.

*Smackdown Spoiler*

Mark Henry gets suspended. So it looks like the WWE is finally giving him some time off to heal. Since he's been going with a couple injuries lately.

Hopefully we dont have a third Khali reign. Anyone else remember the AA off of the crane a few years back?

While I do enjoy Bryan pulling stuff out of nothing to retain, I think it is time he gets a decisive and clean victory. I can see him and Orton being the last two and Orton giving him a rub.

I was positive I read mulitple articles that said Khali was done with the WWE or at least in ring apperances. He is probably the most boring wrestler ever to lace up in the WWE. He moves at a slugs pace and watching him move is just awkward.

Jinder's been getting a decent push as of late he would have fit in there. Or ever Drew as an absolute last chance from Teddy. Even Hunico has been getting over as a heel (slightly). Anyone on the smackdown roster other than Khali.

They really need Christian back.

Since we're talking spoilers, i am intrigued with what they will do with Bryan bringing up being a vegan (it was mentioned on Raw and apparently he cut a promo about it on this week's Smackdown). i wonder if it will be like Punk's "Straight Edge and better than you" gimmick he had. i could see him getting heel heat pretty easily if he were a pushy vegan guy.

Finally got around to watching this weeks Raw and all I can say is wow that was the best Raw they've put out in a while. It's amazing how good Ziggler is in the ring. He actually made a match with color by numbers Orton interesting and entertaining. The Bryan/Punk watch was amazing (loved how they adheared to the code of honor before the match). Usually I'd be pissed that they ended a match with outside interference, but in this case it worked. It starts the story between Punk and Jericho, so it actually works. Great show let's hope they can build off it.

I stopped streaming it when Truth came out for the main event. It was a painful show. Too many video packages. Im well aware that Wrestlemania is happening in 55 days. I dont need 4 videos to confirm what Cole says as well. Apparently I missed Truth getting dropped by Miz and thats it.

I will say this though, for a man of his size, Khali took the RKO great. I thought for sure he would drop to his knees first when it was coming, but he landed face first with it.

what a fucking mess of a program

Yes sir. i feel bad for Truth. Apparently he's not hurt too badly, though, so that's good. Miz has not been good lately.

i did enjoy the Jericho/Punk stuff, and Bryan/Show was pretty good too. Don't know what the heck was going on with the Kane/Eve stuff slapped onto the end of the program, and there were way too many video packages. If they are going to hype Cena/Rock, they need new videos, or, GOD forbid, one of the two to be there live.

On the positive side, i am looking forward to the Chamber matches, even if i am just a fan of the gimmick itself.

i was getting my hopes up when Triple H said he was rejecting the Undertaker's challenge, and then they had to play the video of the Undertaker in his scary chair. i am still against the idea of this match happening again.

Who are/were everyone's favorite wrestlers/ matches/ whatever in wrestling? i made several lists. A least-favorite list would be interesting, as well, and i'll probably put one together soon.

Current Wrestlers

Daniel Bryan

Drew McIntyre

CM Punk

Chris Jericho

Dolph Ziggler

Kurt Angle

Ric Flair

Terry Funk

Stevie Richards

Former Wrestlers

Mick Foley

Bret Hart

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Tazz

Chris Benoit

Matches

Fatal 4 Way Ladder Match-Armageddon 2006-London/Kendrick vs. Hardyz vs. Regal/Taylor vs. MNM

ECW TV Match-Rob Van Dam vs. Hardcore Holly

Clash of the Champions IX-I Quit Match-Terry Funk vs. Ric Flair

Wrestlemania X8-Christian vs. DDP

ECW 1998(?)-Sandman vs. Sabu-Stairway to Hell Match

Raw Roulette 2002(?) 7-man TLC-Kane vs. Jericho/Christian vs. RVD/Jeff Hardy vs. Spike/Bubba Dudley

Segments

Kurt Angle/John Cena Battle Rap

Rock/Mankind "This is Your Life"

Edge and Christian playing theme songs on kazoos

Mick Foley "Cane Dewey" promo

current:

punk

ziggler

bryan

jericho

miz

and evan bourne would be here if the dude would quit smoking the pots

all time:

ultimate warrior

the rock

hbk

matches:

triple h & the rock summer slam 96 ladder match. after losing interest in my childhood, this is what really regained my interest

triple h & mankind royal rumble 2000

the last 3 WM taker matches. mark so hard mufuckas wanna fine me

segments:

ddt! ddt! ddt! think about it!

and of course, anything scott steiner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EarU--5cYOE&hl=en&fs=1

and this, forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO_dKSIeaws&hl=en&fs=1

Oh, dude, can't believe i forgot all the Steiner promos! Total gold mine right there. That also reminds me: whatever happened to Petey Williams? i totally marked for the Canadian Destroyer.

Sheamus vs. Bryan

WM 27 - Dark match

WM 28 - Main event

Eh, I bet it'll actually open the show. I mean, this bill already has Taker/HHH and Punk/Jericho, and rumored to have Big Show/Shaq. There will probably be a Beth Phoenix/Kharma match in there, too, plus Money In The Bank. The only thing you can really open the card with is Bryan/Sheamus.

The real question is, does anyone think the tag, IC or US belts will be defended at WM28?