VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

when that happened last night, my first reaction was "oh jesus, someone else taps out on her ass because no one's learned a lesson yet"

then after the replay, i found myself appropriately aroused.

After not watching any WWE programming for over a month I decided to give Extreme Rules a go after a friend told me it was pretty good.  Glad I did.  It was a fairly solid card.

Y2J vs. Fandango - pretty much a throwaway match.  It was just there to give Jericho a ppv win after he put the young guy over at Mania.  Decent match, pretty short but a good way to start a ppv.

Ambrose vs. Kingston - seeing a US Title match on the main card of the ppv meant one thing, title was changing hands.  Agains short match that was pretty good.  Kingston has such a limited move set though.  His offensive segments of matches are more colour by number than Cena.

Sheamus vs. Henry - entertaining for what it was

ARD vs. Swagger - again entertaining for what it was.  I literally laughed out loud when they went to the video replay.  Whoever okay'd that should lose their job.  I was sort of hoping Swagger would win just because I'd like to see them explore the whole Swagger/Ziggler feud since it has the back story already.  But what can you do.

The Shield vs Hell No - another quick but good match.  Thank fucking god they finally took the belts off Hell No, that was months over due.

Orton vs. Show - again entertaining for what it was.  I took a shit during this match so I missed a good chunk of it.

Cena vs Ryback - surprised the shit out of me.  Great match.  Really told a great story and built Ryback up as the monster heel they're trying to get him across as.  Good stuff.

Lesnar vs. HHH - great match.  Lesnar/Heyman are the greatest manager/wrestler team in a long long time and this match showed why.  I was really surprised HHH's ego let Lesnar win the match.  But I'm only assuming it's to set up more matches for Lesnar.

Overall I'd give the ppv a 7.5 or 8 out 10 and I'm probably going to start watching the double w again now (but not holding my breath).

You should watch this weeks Raw. The six man tag match was better than everything at the PPV. The PPV and Raw actually did the impossible and got me to enjoy Ryback. Also so glad to see Curt Hennings kid back. Heyman is the perfect guy to work with him and with Triple H supposedly backing hopefully he will do good.

Well, this thread died. Apparently the TNA Knockouts match from last night was more hardcore than the Cena/Ryback "Last Man Awake" match from Extreme Rules. i've also heard good things about the Bully Ray/Sting match. Of course, it looks like it's all building to Hogan/Ray, but whatever.

Well, this thread died. Apparently the TNA Knockouts match from last night was more hardcore than the Cena/Ryback "Last Man Awake" match from Extreme Rules. i've also heard good things about the Bully Ray/Sting match. Of course, it looks like it's all building to Hogan/Ray, but whatever.

I was surprised to see this thread died down as well. The most recent smackdown wasn't too bad (great for a Smackdown episode actually) and they book D Bry so strong he looked like he could take down Cena. Dude went nuts and took out the entire Shield all by himself Flying Goat Status. 

i certainly have a knack for attending crappy raws.

as far as the thread dying (thank god for the sticky), i blame the current product. the entire wwe seems to be in an awkward holding pattern where no one can shake their wrestlemania storylines.

Really?  I'm actually impressed with how they've been moving the storylines the past couple weeks.  We're finally getting an end to Hell No which is amazing.  The Curtis Axel push has been great.  Building to the Wyatt Family coming up (it's going to be so strange seeing Broodie Lee in a WWE ring).  Ziggler is back this week and Punk will be back at the next PPV.  I'd also bet dollars to donuts they're going to put the IC title on Fandango.

Outside of The Miz/Barrett everyone has moved past their Wrestlemania storylines.

The two weeks of programming has been solid (minus ADR vs. Big E 5 times).

I'm not so sure he was sandbagging.  I'm sure he was told to make Axel look good but he's just not talented enough to make another wrestler look really good.  Any of Cena's matches in his career that have been great are because he's been wrestling someone who is really talented in the ring (ie his feud with Punk a couple years ago).

daniel bryan has turned the wwe universe on its head. it's astounding how over he is.

and fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck you randy orton for jumping in with one fucking move before your music hits. after bryan and rollins just did... THAT.