VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

even though we're over four months into 2013, i don't think I've seen this question come up on the boards: What's your favorite match of 2012?

I think this would be in my top ten:

From RoH's Best in the World 2012: Adam Cole v Kyle O'Reilly

It's a "Hybrid Fight" match. It's pretty much a last man standing match, but with a submission stipulation as well.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxt9ed_adam-cole-vs-kyle-o-reilly-roh-best-in-the-world-2012_sport#.UXQD_yucXWo

even though we're over four months into 2013, i don't think I've seen this question come up on the boards: What's your favorite match of 2012?

It's a "Hybrid Fight" match. It's pretty much a last man standing match, but with a submission stipulation as well.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxt9ed_adam-cole-vs-kyle-o-reilly-roh-best-in-the-world-2012_sport#.UXQD_yucXWo

I was there, it was pretty boring. Not going to lie.

That's a tough one.  Steen vs. Richards at Border Wars (I was there the crowd was insane when Steen won the title).  The Shield vs. Ryback/Team Hell No at TLC.  Punk vs. Jericho at Mania.  Steen vs. Generico at Final Battle.  Then pretty much any ppv match with C&C. Those are the ones that come to head right away.

Honestly he needs the break. Plus I don't think creative is really doing a job with him so if the rumors are true I can understand the blowout. I mean WWE creative has been bad for years but lately it's been even worse. I am Ziggler won the title but he should have cashed his briefcase in awhile ago. He has lost momentum, Cesaro lost momentum with stupid booking and the yoodling. I just hope they unify the intercontinental and us like the rumors suggest because those belts have become useless. Here's to hoping its getter better:)

Good riddance, that guy is a hack anyways.  Free's up some space for some epic Ryback/Cena feuds.

agreed

his stock has just been on a steady decline ever since he turned heel

Read raw spoilers. Looks like I'm skipping out on it tonight.

bummer - the matches looks pretty decent with Jericho/DZ, 6 man tag team match (team hell no, taker vs the shield)

started out decent with heyman and HHH, although that is getting played out now

got home just as the 6 man tag match started. 

i thought just about every aspect was perfect. including and especially the commentary by cole and jbl. they did a fantastic job telling the story of the match the way it needed to be told. the shield was dominant, and their work rate* is relentless. daniel bryan got a chance to actually showcase his move set and continues to be a megastar. and the undertaker was hauling ass. 

*i'm not a work rate person. i appreciate it, but i've never really harped on it. it's just noticeable with this group.

got home just as the 6 man tag match started. 

i thought just about every aspect was perfect. including and especially the commentary by cole and jbl. they did a fantastic job telling the story of the match the way it needed to be told. the shield was dominant, and their work rate* is relentless. daniel bryan got a chance to actually showcase his move set and continues to be a megastar. and the undertaker was hauling ass. 

*i'm not a work rate person. i appreciate it, but i've never really harped on it. it's just noticeable with this group.

was pretty cool that was Taker's first RAW match in over 3 years

I recently caught up on the last couple RoH ippvs I missed, and watched last week's RoH tv. (SIDE NOTE: I hadn't watched RoH TV since the first couple episodes after they got picked up by Sinclair Broadcasting. no production value. seemed amateur compared to their hdnet days. it's much better now)

words I thought I would never say:

I LIKE WHAT MATT HARDY IS DOING WITH HIS CHARACTER.

he sold me when he got kicked in the balls by Adam Cole during the triple threat tv title match with Matt Taven, proceeded to go up to the commentary table, grab a headset while crying, and tell everybody how he was cheated and ripped off.

Nigel: "Are you crying?"

Matt: "ya."

I've not gotten to the point where I don't boo Matt Hardy because I hate his guts and want him off of my fucking TV screen. I'm booing him because he's finally doing a good job getting me to love to hate him.

The thing about Hardy is that due to his history with ROH a lot of guys in the locker room legitimately hate him.  There are even "romours" or whatever you want to call them, that some of the ROH roster actually refuse to work with him.

I just did a quick google search and didn't see anything. I had long stopped following wrestling by 2005. What happened in Hardy's first RoH run that gave him heat?

Was it just that he pretty much treated it as a venue to continue his "shoot" (read: angle) on WWE?