VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Via Rock's Twitter...

In the middle of last nights Wrestlemania match I tore my abdomen & adductor muscles off the bone. Just part of the job. But as we know..

..It's all about #JustBringIt. WWE Universe THANK YOU for all the love & well wishes. Means everything to me. #LeaveItAllInTheRing.

It seems like if that were true, the match woulda been over....

Fandango will never fully go over in my opinion. Any character based on trends - like the surge in reality dance competitions - will fade away.  

I found it kind of pathetic how Ryback had to push so hard in leading his own chant. That crowd would have cheered slice of pizza last night - he should have let them run with it after ignition. 

i wish i could find the comments from 3-4 months ago when people were in here saying "fandango will never work.. wrestling fans are too homophobic for this gimmick"

solid RAW last night

tumblr_mkaquajX6g1s5zf6fo1_400.gif

fandango appears to be a big crowd hit, if they write his character correctly he could become WWE's top heel - he already has the second best mic persona behind ziggler imo

cool pic during a commercial break last night

ea5b72fa-fd93-4fcc-98f1-3e6f15abf8ed_zps

thank you so much for my new wallpaper

I think he's too tied to a tv trend. I mean, he's no Gobbledy Gooker but he could be compared to a few of the following. Post me some TV Trend gimmicks that have found longevity. I'm curious. I loved Wrestlecrap back when it actually posted and kept up content. Bad Gimmicks are part of the fun of wrestling for me.

Mortis and Glacier - remember the Mortal Kombat rip offs that they wasted months of promos hyping? 

Seven - Dustin Runnels' post-Goldust character with WCW. Anyone remember the weeks of promos of this Hellraiser rip off? I kid you not that he was supposed to be a child molester or something. Fucked up.

The Kiss Demon - the downfall of Bischoff was this debacle. 

Waylon Mercy - Poor Dan Spivey, a Cape Fear rip off was beneath him. 

Paul Burchill - the Johnny Depp pirate - no chance to get over. 

Shock Master - I had to throw him in even though i know it's a false equivalent. Destined to fail despite his stormtrooper helmet I felt a need to share this video:

I think he's too tied to a tv trend. I mean, he's no Gobbledy Gooker but he could be compared to a few of the following. Post me some TV Trend gimmicks that have found longevity. I'm curious. 

Mortis and Glacier - remember the Mortal Kombat rip offs that they wasted months of promos hyping? 

Seven - Dustin Runnels' post-Goldust character with WCW. Anyone remember the weeks of promos of this Hellraiser rip off? I kid you not that he was supposed to be a child molester or something. Fucked up.

The Kiss Demon - the downfall of Bischoff was this debacle. 

Waylon Mercy - Poor Dan Spivey, a Cape Fear rip off was beneath him. 

Paul Burchill - the Johnny Depp pirate - no chance to get over. 

Shock Master - I had to throw him in even though i know it's a false equivalent. Destined to fail despite his stormtrooper helmet I felt a need to share this tribute video cause it cracks me up:

Dave, Wrestlecrap just re-did their website and they actually post every day now. My go-to site/forum for wrestling.

i wish that Paul Burchill had gotten over. i loved his C4 finisher.

shock master is one of wrestlings greatest botches of all time.

but there will ALWAYS be wrestlers whose gimmick is 'dancer'. disco inferno, too cool, tons of funk... the nitro girls?

a guy like curtis doesn't need to rely on this though. he's so far beyond "wrestler who dances", and more importantly "dancer who wrestles". he has plenty going his way, and it could/should provide him the ability to hang regardless of his entrance music. which i've been singing all morning.