VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Dont get me wrong, I hate Batista, but how can you be underwhelmed by a return that hasnt happened yet?

Hahah, I guess my wording was poor. What I meant was, my anticipation for him to come back is minuscule. I'm not excited by the fact that he's returning, and I'm not extremely optimistic that I'm going to enjoy his character once the return happens.

I can't stand Botchtista. Was never a fan. I get why they are bringing him back since it's close to Wrestlemania season and the Rock isn't coming back so they need an old big name. I was just never a big fan. I am curious though who he feuds with though and what the general plan is Wrestlemania outside the rumors.

Hahah, I guess my wording was poor. What I meant was, my anticipation for him to come back is minuscule. I'm not excited by the fact that he's returning, and I'm not extremely optimistic that I'm going to enjoy his character once the return happens.

Gotcha. Im with you, wish he was never coming back, never cared for him at all.

I'm a big fan of UFC as well. Was really disappointed to see Leben go out the way he did. A true warrior, though.

And I've heard that too, crime. However, I've also heard that Henry vs Lesnar is setting up for Big E vs Lesnar at Mania, which I would much rather see than either Batista or Brock in the title picture. Unfortunately, I definitely feel like Batista in the title picture is a guarantee at this point.

probably a long shot, but i still just want to throw it out there that this is the last week that my artwork is going to be on display. i know that no one's from western mass around here, but just in case you're somewhat nearby, you should check it out!

I'm a fan of MMA and Kickboxing.

I've heard a lot of rumours of Batista vs. Brock for the title at Mania, I could see it happening.

I'd be on board with that. I'm a big believer that sports entertainment should always emulate the sport it is pretending to be. Samoa Joe v Kurt Angle at TNA Lockdown in 2008 is one of my favorite things in pro wrestling in the past 10 years. Batista/Brock in an MMA style match would be cool at mania.

I'm a big fan of UFC as well. Was really disappointed to see Leben go out the way he did. A true warrior, though.

And I've heard that too, crime. However, I've also heard that Henry vs Lesnar is setting up for Big E vs Lesnar at Mania, which I would much rather see than either Batista or Brock in the title picture. Unfortunately, I definitely feel like Batista in the title picture is a guarantee at this point.

I hate this. Brock would make Big E look like a child from a height/size standpoint. The opposite of what Big E needs right now.

Hey guys! I'm new to this website and I got very excited once I saw this thread.

My two loves are music & wrestling so it's very awesome to see this here. I'm looking forward to many discussions.

Welcome!

probably a long shot, but i still just want to throw it out there that this is the last week that my artwork is going to be on display. i know that no one's from western mass around here, but just in case you're somewhat nearby, you should check it out!

Unfortunately not near western mass, but is there any place online we can see your work?

I see what you're saying Gatz, but if they have Big E win over Lesnar, that might give Big E a really nice push. The way I see it, they have Lesnar beat Henry and Big E comes to defend him. WWE builds up the E and Lesnar feud for Mania where Big E takes home a tough victory. Making him look like a true champion and big fella, especially if he hits a nice Big Ending on Lesnar to win it. However, there's still that rumor of Batista vs Lesnar. So, essentially, these are all just my hopes based off a different rumor...

I see what you're saying Gatz, but if they have Big E win over Lesnar, that might give Big E a really nice push. The way I see it, they have Lesnar beat Henry and Big E comes to defend him. WWE builds up the E and Lesnar feud for Mania where Big E takes home a tough victory. Making him look like a true champion and big fella, especially if he hits a nice Big Ending on Lesnar to win it. However, there's still that rumor of Batista vs Lesnar. So, essentially, these are all just my hopes based off a different rumor...

I see now. Big E over Lesnar a la Cena over Show in '04. I'm not opposed.

I highly doubt they'll waste Lesnar on Langston

While I get TheWindBlower's ideology, waste is an appropriate word for this scenario. Due to how their business is structured now, WM comes down to simply what matchup will draw the most amount of money on that night. Effective storytelling, such as TheWindBlower's Big E pitch is secondary. NO ONE outside of the 3-4 million raw viewers each week know who Big E Langston is, so to most of the world Brock would be fighting a nobody, which is a waste of the Brock Lesnar name. 

I would imagine Lesnar has some say in how he's booked. He is a brand outside of WWE, I would imagine he's not going to want put people over to better the business when it's detrimental to his bigger picture.

Lesnar does not care what happens in fake wrestling. Nor would his bigger picture ever be hurt by his wins/losses in a fake wrestling company.

You all raise some good points that I hadn't thought of. I definitely forgot that Mania is kind of like a Super Bowl event, as in a lot of people watch it just because it's Wrestlemania, and it would make a lot more sense for WWE to book a match to garner more viewers. I suppose a guy can still dream though, hahaha.