VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

my issue isn't so much with the current quantity, but the logical purpose of each championship. There's noting inherently "united states" about the championship, and while WWE is an international product, largely all of the championships are defended within the United States.

By having a TV champion that defends his title every week, it gives the championship a tangible purpose while also providing a title match every week on raw.

My point is that you can switch it up but they'd quickly fall from having the tv title defended every week.  It happens in cycles.  They'll boost up a mid-card title for a bit (IC or US) then after a bit it just falls to the wayside.  It really doesn't matter what the title is. 

So Bryan and Brie aren't really engaged? Natty and TJ didn't really get married? I'm so confused now!

haha! I should've specified - the scenarios are scripted, just as most reality television is produced

I do think that there is incredible potential with future wrestling programs being presented in the same style as Total Divas is. The Attitude Era was essentially reality tv before the reality tv boom of the 2000s. There's an old booking philosophy (Jerry Jarrett maybe?) that goes 'tell them a little bit of truth and they'll believe the whole lie' This is in large part why the attitude era was successful in my opinion and the same thing we are seeing with Total Divas.

The whole unified WWE/World Heavyweight championship makes no sense. They act like it's never been before. If they were going to act that way they should have kept the old WWE spinner belt and introduced the new WWE after the unification. I get the unification match was probably a last minute we don't know what to do match but this still makes no sense. I read that Orton was supposed to come out with just the WWE belt and at the last minute they changed their mind.

Just for you Matt (and because it is one of my all time favorite PPV lead-ins)

These intros are just too fucking good. Nothing nowadays can beat them. 

Also, the weekend of the infamous chicago media v wwf softball game

Who was on more juice? The 1994 Superstars softball team, or the late 90's/early 2000's Yankees?

Yes it has. Last unification the wcw era had ended already and that title was referred to as the world title. When Jericho unified them it was the wwf and world titles. Same thing

If you want to argue semantics it hasn't.  Jericho unified the WCW and WWF title, then shortly after Bischoff announced the "creation" of the World Heavyweight Title.

I'm too lazy to grab links, but if you look it up that's what happened.  So technically them stating that the WWE (WWF) Championship and the WHC have never been unified is in fact true.

If you want to argue semantics it hasn't.  Jericho unified the WCW and WWF title, then shortly after Bischoff announced the "creation" of the World Heavyweight Title.

I'm too lazy to grab links, but if you look it up that's what happened.  So technically them stating that the WWE (WWF) Championship and the WHC have never been unified is in fact true.

This is true

Can we get a favorite WWF Intros trend going? I'll throw another one out there. 

I fucking hate Batista and hate the fact hes coming back. Meltzer is reporting he is back to win the Rumble and face Orton at Mania. FUCK THAT.

That better be a cruel joke. I'm really sick of old stars coming back part time. Why can't WWE just put faith in the good young talent?

That better be a cruel joke. I'm really sick of old stars coming back part time. Why can't WWE just put faith in the good young talent?

Because they refuse to believe that they (as in the office/creative) are the problems. They dont give anyone fair shakes at shit. They end stories before they come to a conclusion. They dont build anything. Its just fucking ridiculous. You can only bring in these hasbeens who dont give a shit about the business for so long. When will it end?

batista was just reaching his prime when he left. i'm sorry to sound like stroud right now, but just like eve- he was finally reaching that point of being an extremely entertaining performer, and then bailed.

i'm glad he's coming back. not thrilled that he's going to get thrust into the title picture, but whatever.

Batista represents the time I didn't spend watching wrestling. My first Raw back was the one where he had just lost to John Cena the night before, and he was in a wheelchair with sunglasses on and quit. Before that I hadn't watched since...2002?

He seemed entertaining in that one moment. I've never bothered to watch any of his other stuff, probably because of his stupid naval tattoo.

Batista represents the time I didn't spend watching wrestling. My first Raw back was the one where he had just lost to John Cena the night before, and he was in a wheelchair with sunglasses on and quit. Before that I hadn't watched since...2002?

He seemed entertaining in that one moment. I've never bothered to watch any of his other stuff, probably because of his stupid naval tattoo.

You are missing out on some hilarious stuff. Youtube Batista botches and prepare to laugh your ass off, this is a guy who couldnt even fall through the ropes right, managed to botch the ending of the Rumble, and manage to fuck up Cena's neck.

I gotta say, Im sick of Wrestlemania turning into a nostalgia event. It used to be great matches that sold the card, now its 'look who is coming back to have a match' and it sucks.

There's a huge difference between Batista vs Rock or Batista vs Brock and Batista vs WWE WH champion at Wrestlemania. I won't be so upset if he comes back and has a high profile match so long as he isn't going to be wearing the only main title on his waist and headlining the biggest event when he's only been back for two months.