VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

That better be a cruel joke. I'm really sick of old stars coming back part time. Why can't WWE just put faith in the good young talent?

Young talent doesn't bring in $$$

Brock, The Rock, Batista, etc bring in $$$$$$$

I was never a fan of Batista, he's fucking horrible in the ring.  But he'll only be around for a couple of months, so no biggie.

don't complain about older guys coming back... look what goldust has given us.

You could argue goldust never reeeeally left. Not for any substantial amount of time anyway.

Back when I first started watching again, Goldust had a pretty awesome program with Ted Dibiase.

Everybody thought Goldust was trying to abduct Maryse, but he just wanted the million dollar belt.

Then he disappeared for a bit, then came back for a bit, then disappeared again, now is back again.

Young talent doesn't bring in $$$

Brock, The Rock, Batista, etc bring in $$$$$$$

I was never a fan of Batista, he's fucking horrible in the ring.  But he'll only be around for a couple of months, so no biggie.

But they havent given the young talent the chance to prove that they can bring in the $$$.

Anybody else read about Vince wanted to do away with faces and heels and make everyone kind of blur the lines between good and bad? The logic is to make it more realistic since people in real life aren't ALWAYS good or ALWAYS bad. Any thoughts on this?

I feel that they have kind of been doing that with the Miz lately, and it's been flopping. I'm not a Miz mark by any means so maybe I'm biased but I just feel like it doesn't enable fans to choose a side (in this case, whether to support the Miz or not).

Every couple of months I'll watch an episode of Impact just to see what they're up to.  That whole EC3 storyline is just horrible.  I was really shocked to see they didn't resign AJ Styles too.  That's almost like the WWE letting Cena or Orton walk away.

Jeff Jarrett also stepped down which is also shocking.  It's a bit of a shame because they have some very talented guys on thier roster.

Anybody else read about Vince wanted to do away with faces and heels and make everyone kind of blur the lines between good and bad? The logic is to make it more realistic since people in real life aren't ALWAYS good or ALWAYS bad. Any thoughts on this?

I feel that they have kind of been doing that with the Miz lately, and it's been flopping. I'm not a Miz mark by any means so maybe I'm biased but I just feel like it doesn't enable fans to choose a side (in this case, whether to support the Miz or not).

Heels worked for decades because people would pay money to see someone they hated receive the physical abuse that the fans felt they so rightly deserved. With vince and WWE reminding us constantly that this is just entertainment and no one is really fighting anyone, I'm not sure the psychology of the heel works so much anymore because we know, as annoying as a heel may be or how much we hate him, he's not really receiving punishment in there, therefore never truly getting his comeuppance . I think people pay to see their favorites win now, moreso than to see their villains lose.

I'm not saying this is why Vince made the decision, but it's an aspect of the business that lends to his thinking.

Every couple of months I'll watch an episode of Impact just to see what they're up to.  That whole EC3 storyline is just horrible.  I was really shocked to see they didn't resign AJ Styles too.  That's almost like the WWE letting Cena or Orton walk away.

Jeff Jarrett also stepped down which is also shocking.  It's a bit of a shame because they have some very talented guys on thier roster.

I have to say, totally different than cena/orton as both those performers drew and continue to draw money for their promotion. AJ never drew money for TNA. (perhaps not his fault) Impact will do the same rating without AJ as it did with him, and TNA now has an extra $350,000 annual to redistribute into new ventures. Good move imo

So put me down for hating Daniel Bryan being thrown into the Wyatts. 

I'm really indifferent toward it. I think it's an interesting shakeup, but I can't help but feel like it's going to kill any hope of Bryan attacking the main event picture this Rumble/Mania season, which was a possibility that I was looking forward to.

I'd be fine with D Bryan joining the family if we knew what they were. Are they a religious cult? A real family? What are the goals or benefits of joining? Bray has a beard and can cut vague semi -biblical promos ; how will Bryan benefit from that?

Pretty excited by the end of Raw partly because I'm so freaking tired of watching every main event end in some DQ or other bull crap. I am interested to see what the Wyatt's do now with Bryan. Personally, I like it and I hope they can get that ball rolling because the Wyatt's need a purpose (One of the better things WWE has right now) and Bryan is a huge name. Also, not really excited by Brock's return but I guess him and Batista fit in this weird puzzle somehow.