VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Maybe WWE knowing they are going to struggle for ratings will actually do something to draw people in. Much like the time Mick Foley won the title on Raw.

In reality we'll probably get 1.5 hours of drawn out promos and video packages, 1 hour of squash matches, 25 minutes of decent stroy telling (Punk/Team Hell No) and 5 minutes of solid wrestling.

I agree but they are rushing this ppv. Right now they are doing all they can to convince people the big 3 matches at the ppv are worth watching.

which is crazy cause they had 5 weeks. I understand they wondered about the Cena/Punk thing, but instead of standing their with their dicks in their hand, they should have built the undercard up beyond the Tag Tourn to get people interested.

Crime, I havent watched a full episode in months. I usually watch parts of the first hour and move on to something else. Last night I saw them open with the tag match and watched baseball instead, turned back just as Punk was coming out to talk to Cena, and changed back to baseball for good after that segment ended

which is crazy cause they had 5 weeks. I understand they wondered about the Cena/Punk thing, but instead of standing their with their dicks in their hand, they should have built the undercard up beyond the Tag Tourn to get people interested.

I was going to order HIAC based on that alone. They had 5 weeks to build some great storylines and what do we get ... shit.

you guys have literally no appreciation for the undercard talent, do you?

the switch the 3 hours was brutal at first, but now that theyve more or less figured out how to work with it, its really cleaned up a lot of the biggest issues. there are wrestling matches on the show simply for the sake of guys actually wrestling. and in most cases, these matches feature guys who ordinarily "had no business being on the show". theres even a flourishing tag division thats also working to make this possible.

I got no issue with the undercard Ry, I just wish they would do something with it. Instead of just randomness, give me a reason to get invested in Gabriel, 3MB (Mahal looks soo out of place as a rocker) etc. They could build up some decent stories and feuds but instead its just a revolving door of who gets a two week push and then gets fed to Ryback and lose in a minute.

but randomness is what leads to all of that. the reason none of these guys get over is because the audience is unfamiliar. but by putting them in matches here and there on raw and smackdown, they gain the exposure that they and the writers need to understand what it will take to advance them.

the other thing, and i can't believe i'm saying this, is that there's too much talent at the moment. you can't have 11 different feuds and story lines taking place, because come ppv, there isn't enough time to satisfy resolution.

They just dont stick with anyone though. They will push Kidd for three weeks, and then he is off tv for a month and replaced with Gabriel, who will do the same thing and get replaced by Swagger, etc etc. They need to keep with a push of someone and they need to have them be on the show for some reason. Seeing Kidd/Gabriel/Ryder/JTG just standing in a ring and then leave immediately after doesnt make me connect with them at all. I know they got talent (well, the first two anyways) but make me emotionally invest in them. Hell, fans got behind Ryder because of a youtube show and the WWE completely shit all over us.

I got no issue with the undercard Ry, I just wish they would do something with it. Instead of just randomness, give me a reason to get invested in Gabriel, 3MB (Mahal looks soo out of place as a rocker) etc. They could build up some decent stories and feuds but instead its just a revolving door of who gets a two week push and then gets fed to Ryback and lose in a minute.

Couldn't agree with you more on this. They build up these mid-carders for a couple weeks then they get squashed by Ryback. It's growing old. You don't need to write mid-card stories to build up to a ppv. NXT was amazing for that last "season". Build a feud have the guys wrestle for a couple of weeks, it was great. That's all they need to do on Raw and Smackdown. Not every feud needs to be resolved at a PPV. Have the mid-card feuds exclusively on your tv shows. They've fucking got enough of them now.

Here is the card for Sunday's Hell in a Cell PPV: 1 Sheamus © vs. Big Show Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship[5] 2 Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) © vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) Tag team match for the Tag Team Championship[6] 3 Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio Singles match[7] 4 CM Punk © vs. Ryback Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship[8] 5 Kofi Kingston © vs. The Miz Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship[9]

My predictions:

5) Kofi Kingston via the "It's time for a singles push" kick

4) CM Punk via Goldberg interference

3) Randy Orton via RKO "from out of nowhere" after "starting to hear the voices"

2) Bryan/Kane

1) Sheamus via the "what did we do to deserve this?" Brogue Kick after a one-hour stalemate

and john cena addressing the aj situation via youtube preshow.

this is hot garbage. if it werent for the tag match, i probably wouldnt watch.

also, i expect a lesnar run in to give punk the victory. #haymanguys