VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Even though, as a certified-IWC MemberTM, i'm supposed to love "Traditional 5-on-5" Survivor Series matches, what is up with Punk's team? Has he had any interaction with any of those guys before? He feuded with 'Berto last year, now they are on a team because they are Bad Guy Heels Boo Us Now? And i don't think he and Miz would get along, either. Whatever, it's just wrestling.

Even though, as a certified-IWC MemberTM, i'm supposed to love "Traditional 5-on-5" Survivor Series matches, what is up with Punk's team? Has he had any interaction with any of those guys before? He feuded with 'Berto last year, now they are on a team because they are Bad Guy Heels Boo Us Now? And i don't think he and Miz would get along, either. Whatever, it's just wrestling.

Punk even expresses his disgust for Miz on his documentary... though it is slight and more or less aimed at his anger for not headlining WM v. John Cena, why then put Miz on his team? When I heard Fowley v Punk team survivor, I thought "hmm... this has potential." That thought quickly faded once the teams were announced. And now this means less amazing matches from Team Hell No due to the fact that now they have to help out this horrible feud.

the silver lining is that punk and d-bry are in a match against each other again.

but it is amazing that one match featuring punk, bryan, kane, sandow, rhodes, and ryback... basically everyone im really into right now, sans ziggler and cesaro.. that it could still have me shaking my head.

im already hearing talk that miz or adr could very easily be replaced last second by brock. although you have to wonder what the odds are of him agreeing to a match where hes not the big name.

@sethmates went on a great fantasy booking spree today on twitter.

Here's what I would do at the next two PPVs -- as always, I'm excited to hear your feedback .

Team Punk vs Team Foley: Heels eliminate every face except Ryback. 5-on-1. Ryback then eliminates all 5 guys by himself, culminating in

a clean pin over Punk. Then go to TLC (gimmick PPV!) with Punk vs Ryback, Ladder Match, Foley as ref. They can kill each other

and Punk can retain without Ryback jobbing.

Seems they're building to Cena (with AJ) vs Dolph (with Vickie) at Survivor. I'd put Cena over. Then later in night

Show retains against Sheamus, angry Sheamus lays him out, Ziggler cashes in. It's WM10 booking --- Bret loses to Owen early

in night, then wins belt later on. Insta-feud. Then you go to TLC (gimmick PPV!) with Ziggler-Cena Table match for WHC, which allows

Ziggler to retain w/o jobbing Cena.

really wish i'd done the same. the only thing redeeming about it at all was how hot the crowd started off. and even they couldn't be fooled into cheering for 3 hours of that shit.

Don't know why they changed the Survivor Series matches. Went from making sense from a storyline perspective to trying to cash in with John Cena in the main event. Ziggler/Cena would have been a very good upper mid-card match. i'm sure Ryback/Punk/Cena will be interesting, but it wastes most of what happened last week with Mick Foley.

Guest Big Hairy Stinky Muff

Earthquake vs Duke "The Dumpster" Drowski had some great matches in the 90s. I remember watching saturday morning wrestling in nothing but my tighty whiteys wishing I could be in that ring giving someone a suplex and pinning for the 1-2-3

Sadly I've all but given up on the WWE for now. The writing is just flat out horrible.

The matches each week on Impact outshine anything the WWE puts on tv, and while the writing for TNA is dreadful, it's hilarious at the same time. Making it very watchable.

ROH will be getting better now that they've stripped Cornette of any control he had, and Chikara has an amazing ippv coming up that's headlined with what looks to be an amazing 16 man tag match (the same day as SS).