New Detournement record packaging... WOW.

sneve

[image]

DETOURNEMENT: "Know Your Rights" Flexi 7"

$13.33

DETOURNEMENT

"Know Your Rights" Flexi 7" in a Bottle

PRE-SALE NOW! Will ship by second week of December

Known as much for their over the top packaging and design as they are for their scathing criticisms of capitalism, New Jersey's DETOURNEMENT, once again combine these two seemingly disparate elements to create a truly unique release!

What began as merely another Clash cover song for another Clash cover tribute compilation, Detournement's take on "Know Your Rights" took on a different sense of urgency as demonstrations began to break out in Wisconsin and Ohio and as revolutions occurred in Tunisia and Egypt. Inspired by these events, the Molotov Cocktail Flexi was born, and Pirates Press Records is ecstatic to be behind this one of a kind release.

Housed in a custom-labeled glass bottle and hand-wrapped in a 14" x 14" screen-printed fuse, "Know Your Rights" is the featured track on this triple printed rolled flexi, and includes access to a digital download of the song. Only 250pcs are being assembled and all bottles are be hand-numbered.

http://piratespressrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=174

Never got into the band too much, but hot damn if that isn't a cool release.

I like this band, but this is too gimmicky.

I thought this at first, then read "scathing criticisms of capitalism," then laughed.

^ This.

Bottle of Jones Soda = $2

Bottle with Flexi = $13

Flexis are cheaply made even with the scarce amount of presses who will do them - $13 seems like a heavy mark up when 250 of these things spread across four or five people can be packaged inside of an hour or two.

I thought this at first, then read "scathing criticisms of capitalism," then laughed.

^ This.

Bottle of Jones Soda = $2

Bottle with Flexi = $13

Flexis are cheaply made even with the scarce amount of presses who will do them - $13 seems like a heavy mark up when 250 of these things spread across four or five people can be packaged inside of an hour or two.

Not to mention they are the ones pressing them.

I like this band, and points for showing a little creativity ... but meh. You're basically paying $13 for a Detournement decorative shelf knickknack.

Someone should definitely buy this though ... and test how well it works as an actual molotov cocktail. And please film it and post on youtube for the rest of us.