Attn Ska fans! -Check out our Epic Reissue Project

flood

ok heres a lil hint.

if all goes through as currently planned... the next 4 kickstarter series ones will all have never been released on vinyl... and two of them will have extensive unreleased bonus tracks from the recording sessions that have supposedly not seen the light of day.

aside from that.. two others which will come out directly on asbestos (fingers crossed) one had a short pressing years ago but is very hard to find, and the other was never pressed.

Sooo do me a favor and go buy a ton of records/subscribe to ska is dead/tell all your friends to do so as well... so i can afford all this shit :)

Couple of questions for you, Flood:

First when the kick starter goes live are the other two asbestos releases going up at the same time?

And with the asbestos releases are you planning to do a bundle pack if multiple variants are pressed?

The reason I ask is I, along with others presumably, may have to choose what to order. I regret not doing the kick start for the last batch. So if there's the kickstarter plus to additional releases I may have to be choosy when I'll want all. Sorry for the rant I'm on pain meds after my emergency surgery last night.

Dear Flood and Justin,

I love this project so much and just want to say, Thank You. I look forward to these upcoming releases and can't wait to receive the first batch of records in the mail. Let's talk about some bands that should be in the project though...

The Impossibles, The Impossibles, The Impossibles, The Impossibles, and Jeffries Fan Club.

The Impossibles Anthology and Return were released on vinyl in Japan via Time Bomb records.

Edna's Goldfish Before You Knew Better was released on vinyl in Germany, which is why I was disappointed it was in the project and not elements of transition. :\

Jeffries Fan Club NEEDS to be done, but Flood is an east coast guy...I think we should leave the west coast ska to people who were in the west coast scene. Outside of SL everything has been east coast ska.

we did Before you knew better.. because a) its a much better record, and B) despite living 40 minutes outside of long island i only know one person who has a vinyl copy of this record... and it was justin's roommate... dudes in the band didnt even have them. It was a very limited pressing from the otherside of the world... and plus its one of Justin and i's favorite record.. as well as a record from a band i'm friends with, and all my friends love.

sadly most of the larger west coast records outside of AMR releases are all major label stuff... and with the licensing rates what they are, that makes most of the albums we'd looked into just huge money pits. and the others i don't personally care about enough to invest my time with, because theres plenty of great east coast/midwest records i'd much rather do.... that said we'll be working with SL on a couple more records most likely, as we became friends with them when they toured with our bands years ago. It would be cool to see more ska labels step up and put in the work necessary to get these records out tho.. but ideally they should be done by someone whom they'd mean more to.

good points, however the second Edna's goldfish album recording isn't very good...the songs were good live, but that recording is awful....especially in comparison to the first album that we both love.

on the west coast vs. east coast deal:

we asked about the Aquabats, they said yes, but their label wouldn't grant us a license due to to the potential future rights being worth more money....probably due to the saturday morning show...Yes...they didn't want to devalue the rights of potential future opportunities to license the releases...this is why the music industry is dead, folks.

I'd be all about licensing some RBF records, but the best ones are on Mojo...who they hate, and also don't really exist anymore so the rights are available somewhere in a weird corporate red tape la la land. I was way into Cali-ska back in the day, but so many of those bands were on majors like Flood said...or are unreachable.

Don't forget, we also did the Rudments / Suicide Machines "Skank For Brains" re-issue. two non-east coast bands.

Yes, we are east coast and midwest folks, so we know mostly east coast and midwest bands...because we were dumb teenagers that saw those bands in their prime, so we have soft spots in our hearts for those bands. One of the best shows I ever saw was Slow Gherkin playing to 5 people paid at the Fireside Bowl...I'd love to do some of their stuff...I'd love to do the Impossibles stuff...but whoever owns Fueled by Ramen now won't give up the rights to those albums.

One of the best shows I ever saw was Slow Gherkin playing to 5 people paid at the Fireside Bowl...I'd love to do some of their stuff.

Slow Gherkin are awesome. I unfortunately never got a chance to see them. I remember hearing Double Happiness for the first time back in high school. I know Asian Man has that currently available in their webstore. I believe they put out Shed Some Skin too, but I think it is OOP.

• 2 weeks later...