PO: Daylight The Difference In Good And Bad Dreams

[image]

The Difference In Good And Bad Dreams is Daylight’s third proper EP in as many years and a precursor building up to next year’s much anticipated debut full-length. These four new songs mark the Doylestown, PA quintet’s most focused and diverse record yet. Twinkling leads and Cobain-esque vocal dynamics add space and dimension atop of walls of grungy gained-out guitars. The tempo of the music harkens to brooding, patient mid-90s post-hardcore a la Fugazi or Quicksand, lending to a desperate undercurrent running beneath the songs. The thick rhythm section and spacious, huge drum parts are perfectly written to support some of the bands catchiest and biggest vocal hooks to date. Daylight’s signature unrelenting lyrical depression continues yet with a more melodic and dynamic vocal approach, complimenting the band's musical progression. With this EP, the band has effectively carved out it’s own notch in the contemporary punk movement, paving the way for a breathtaking debut LP in 2012.

Tracklist:

1. On The Way To Dad's

2. Hungry At A Funeral

3. Damp

4. In My Dreams

Jade Green 200

Magenta 300

Black 500

http://runforcoverrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=256

Go!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New track is different than their older stuff, but I am ridiculously excited for this. Ordered Jade Green.

Not really in the new track....We will see.... ???

I assumed this is what it would sound like after their track on Mixed Signals. This song has a strong Balance and Composure vibe, which I appreciate. I just hope the lyrical content is still similar.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got shipping confirmation!

Yeah! Can you believe it?! In all honesty I have no idea what the situation with these arriving before January 3rd will be due to the time of year, but most will be out by tomorrow and a majority of them will arrive in time I'd imagine. Nips can still come in hear and cry if he wants.

Just got shipping confirmation!

Yeah! Can you believe it?! In all honesty I have no idea what the situation with these arriving before January 3rd will be due to the time of year, but most will be out by tomorrow and a majority of them will arrive in time I'd imagine. Nips can still come in hear and cry if he wants.

He's M.I.A. Remember...don't feed trolls

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69490

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68972&start=0

Excited. I don't think getting shipping confirmation today is hard to believe though. You said you were finishing up these pre-orders and posted pics ;) Are the "Jade Green(s)" really green or does the pic make it look blue?

Off topic question(s): Any word on the subscriptions? Or my e-mail?

I was focusing on sending things out as opposed to responding to email the past two days, so when I do respond to everyone's email I can tell a majority of people that their orders shipped thus creating a little less work (sort of). I shipped about 250 orders in the past two days by myself, and am going to see MOB/Hostage Calm/Early November tonight, so email responses will probably have to wait until tomorrow. Good news is I will fix your issue for you no questions asked. Hope that's cool.

I was focusing on sending things out as opposed to responding to email the past two days, so when I do respond to everyone's email I can tell a majority of people that their orders shipped thus creating a little less work (sort of). I shipped about 250 orders in the past two days by myself, and am going to see MOB/Hostage Calm/Early November tonight, so email responses will probably have to wait until tomorrow. Good news is I will fix your issue for you no questions asked. Hope that's cool.

Sounds great man. Thanks.

All of these but 50 have been shipped. The rest will happen over the weekend.

If you're waiting on an email response from me, could you resend your email? Somehow a setting in OS X Mail on my work computer got turned on where it deletes all my mail from my imap server that is over 7 days old. I still have all the emails, but I can't tell which one's I have responded to or not, so if you resend your email it'd be a lot easier. Sorry to be a pain.

If you're waiting on an email response from me, could you resend your email? Somehow a setting in OS X Mail on my work computer got turned on where it deletes all my mail from my imap server that is over 7 days old. I still have all the emails, but I can't tell which one's I have responded to or not, so if you resend your email it'd be a lot easier. Sorry to be a pain.

I just resent my question about my 7 inch subscription. Thanks!

Sent you an e-mail.