PO: letlive. - Fake History

I remember getting a demo from these guys in like 2005 outside an ETID show. They just said "We're like Glassjaw."

I miss when everyone wanted to be Glassjaw.

Hahahaha. Reminds me of the "everyone wants to be Underoath" and the current "everyone wants to be Between the Buried & Me" era.

I just listened to this Let Live album for the first time. Sounds very Underoathy (from what I remember. I never listened to Underoath but had a couple friends that were balls deep into them).

Ive been a friend and fan of letlive. since they first started. Underoath has never been a band i compare them too. Definitely a lot more chaos in their music than Underoath.

Yeah no I meant that they are seperate. Letlive definitely sounds a lot like Glassjaw as do other bands like Lower Definition, Secret Lives of the Freemasons, and even Armsbendback.

Underoath definitely spawned a lot of Underoath clones. Now I see a current trend of Between the Buried and Me clones like White Arms of Athena, Last Chance To Reason, and Painted in Exile.

• 2 weeks later...
so, this exists on black? i guess i will be ordering! thanks to Derek for turning me onto this band, sorry to see your record got trashed. :-/

Wait a second. I somehow got you into this band? Hah, I had no idea. I'm assuming I introduced them via Turntable?

Also wanted to say that the dudes at KR are - as expected - awesome and genuine. They sent me an entirely new copy immediately, and a prepaid mailer. It's all good.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...