:: FS: Thrice • Vheissu

Derek™

So here's the deal.

I've owned Vheissu for a handful of years now, and a couple of years back, a box of additional copies were found by the band and put on their Merchdirect page. Worried that I'd eventually wear my copy out (and being all too aware of the rarity), I picked up an extra copy at retail price. [Who wouldn't? Let's be serious.] I've held onto it over the years as means of making a trade - or selling it for cash - and now that time has come.

I've never sold anything on eBay, and part of me wants to keep it that way. But at this point, I just really need some cash. I'm not looking for absolutely insane eBay prices, but this copy is sealed, and every bit of cash would go a long way for the holidays.

Yes; I know that there's talk of this getting repressed sometime in the next few years. But I'm offering an OG, mint copy to any hardcore Thrice collectors out there. I'd appreciate any PMs if people are interested. Though if there's not enough interest, I'll probably end up trying my luck on eBay, this one time.

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there's a lot of great people in this community, which is why I feel like such an asshole insisting that eBay would treat me better. I won't disclose the amount, but at the time of this post, yocaseycasey has the top offer. And while it's pretty generous (and significantly over $100), I still feel like I could do better on the 'bay. I don't know; I'll be sleeping on it, but I truly appreciate the interest anyone's showing. I'll address anyone's PMs tomorrow, if I haven't done so this evening.

holy cow. someone bid it up to $73 inside of 3 minutes? dang.

And so it will sit for a week, only to boost up in the last hour. Mmm eBay.

No offense, Derek, but in your original post, you said you weren't looking for insane ebay prices. Let the record show that I offered you $140. That's pretty close to insane ebay prices, and you still declined.

Boo.

You speak the truth. I did say that I wasn't necessarily looking for eBay prices. And while I had briefly thought of turning to eBay, it wasn't until I really considered Cesar's post (and several PMs) that I decided to truly entertain the idea. And that's what I've been thinking about for the past 24 hours or so.

The last mint copy fetched $250+ on eBay, with many consistently at or around the $200 mark. The $60 - $90 difference, there - albeit ideal - would make a huge difference for the holidays. It really comes down to what makes me feel like less of a douche: refusing a reasonable offer from a stranger on VC... or trying my hand at eBay, to maximize the amount of money I get to spend on my friends, family, and loved ones at the end of the month.

I went with the latter. Sorry, guys. The fact that this is (most likely) getting repressed made the decision easier, too. Anyone who truly wants this album on wax should definitely be able to get it for under $30 in the coming years. That's enough to keep my sleep intact.