Christmas Gifts for your significant other

i didnt see a thread about this, but i just got part of my gift for my girlfriend in the mail today and i wanted to share because im beyond stoked with it.

ive been in contact with Kepi Ghoulie since the end of September, i asked him to paint a painting for my girlfriend for christmas. we kept in contact for awhile, since he was on tour in canada, and when he got back he got to work. he got every little detail perfect. i cant believe it. im incredibly stoked, i cant imagine it being better!!

He got the "H" and "J" on the records for our names, he got the banner with the gaslight lyrics on it, he even got her green hair and zelda shirt and my handlebar moustache haha

[image]

Detail of the records

[image]

Detail of her with green hair and her zelda shirt

[image]

Detail of me and the banner with my moustache!

[image]

And heres the back of the painting!

[image]

hes easily the nicest person ive ever had the pleasure of coming into contact with. its always great with you speak with your idol and ask him to do something like this and he does it and actually seems to WANT to, not just because i asked. who else would do that? no one thats who!

post the rest what youre getting your significant other!

Kepi is seriously the greatest dude on earth. I have 3 signed ghoulies setlists. He always signs his name with that weird little wolf character, it's awesome. I've always wanted to commission a painting from him, I should get on that.

Big time props.

forever jealous your girlfriends like LOTR and collect records and stuff

Eh, she's a little old for you, but you can take a shot with her. I hate LOTR, Star Wars, sci-fi, fantasy, all that bullshit (I'm not including the literary brilliance of Tolkien in that, just not my bag to read so many times). It's one of the many issues we have. But she doesn't actually like records. And she doesn't usually like me spending our money on them.

you don't deserve a girlfriend that likes those things.

Eh, she's a little old for you, but you can take a shot with her. I hate LOTR, Star Wars, sci-fi, fantasy, all that bullshit (I'm not including the literary brilliance of Tolkien in that, just not my bag to read so many times). It's one of the many issues we have. But she doesn't actually like records. And she doesn't usually like me spending our money on them.

you don't deserve a girlfriend that likes those things.

Ha. You're right, I don't deserve her. But not because she likes stupid fantasy things.

i didnt see a thread about this, but i just got part of my gift for my girlfriend in the mail today and i wanted to share because im beyond stoked with it.

ive been in contact with Kepi Ghoulie since the end of September, i asked him to paint a painting for my girlfriend for christmas. we kept in contact for awhile, since he was on tour in canada, and when he got back he got to work. he got every little detail perfect. i cant believe it. im incredibly stoked, i cant imagine it being better!!

He got the "H" and "J" on the records for our names, he got the banner with the gaslight lyrics on it, he even got her green hair and zelda shirt and my handlebar moustache haha

[image]

Detail of the records

[image]

Detail of her with green hair and her zelda shirt

[image]

Detail of me and the banner with my moustache!

[image]

And heres the back of the painting!

[image]

hes easily the nicest person ive ever had the pleasure of coming into contact with. its always great with you speak with your idol and ask him to do something like this and he does it and actually seems to WANT to, not just because i asked. who else would do that? no one thats who!

post the rest what youre getting your significant other!

Kepi is seriously the greatest dude on earth. I have 3 signed ghoulies setlists. He always signs his name with that weird little wolf character, it's awesome. I've always wanted to commission a painting from him, I should get on that.

Big time props.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I'm sure shell cry when she sees it I'm gonna try to record it Haha

I'd love to see those ghoulies setlists!

forever jealous your girlfriends like LOTR and collect records and stuff

But she doesn't actually like records. And she doesn't usually like me spending our money on them.

Those two sentences basically sum up my wife's stance on vinyl. I don't question her clothes/shoes habit, and she doesn't question(very often) my vinyl habit.

But she doesn't actually like records. And she doesn't usually like me spending our money on them.

Those two sentences basically sum up my wife's stance on vinyl. I don't question her clothes/shoes habit, and she doesn't question(very often) my vinyl habit.

Haha. I get the clothes speech all the time. My girl teaches, so she needs new things. Let her weight fluctuate at all... She has an entire walk-in closet full of clothes and magically nothing fits anymore.

Haha. I get the clothes speech all the time. My girl teaches, so she needs new things. Let her weight fluctuate at all... She has an entire walk-in closet full of clothes and magically nothing fits anymore.

All right, that's eery how spot on you are. My wife is a teacher, and that's how she justifies her wardrobe. We've got two little guys, so she's still trying to get back to her 'optimal' weight, and clothes she bought last year 'don't fit' anymore. I gave up trying to argue because I'm tired of hearing the 'I need clothes for work, you don't NEED records' spiel.