My Bloody Valentine - Loveless remaster in 2012?

duckula

for those of you who have slept on this - if this does happen, get it and don't wait! I watched the last press of this sit around for a few years and figured it'd be around forever until one day it was going for $70+. Fortunately, a fellow board member had a copy and traded with me for something I had that he wanted.

for those of you who have slept on this - if this does happen, get it and don't wait! I watched the last press of this sit around for a few years and figured it'd be around forever until one day it was going for $70+. Fortunately, a fellow board member had a copy and traded with me for something I had that he wanted.

the plain recordings reissue was around for a while for about $15-$20 a pop... never thought this would have sold out so rapidly... ebay, gemm.com, discogs...all gone (regarding the black reissue).

aural exploits had an exclusive red vinyl LP limited to 1000 a few years back...(i've got #600/1000) and even the black vinyl on their site is sold out.

the only copy available of the red on the bay right now is at $130 - the most I've ever seen it.

The Plain re-issues stuck around for probably three years or so and I would see copies of it every time I was in the record store until one day I decided I wanted to finally upgrade from my CD copy and get one and found that they were going for far more. The only copies of the Plain re-issue are going for 100+ on Discogs at the moment as well.

There was a remaster that has been delayed for the last 2 years, but apparently that is supposed to be CD only. I would love to own this release so I hope that it turns out to be a vinyl remaster as well. I can't justify spending $100 for this album, or any album for that matter.

At the time that the board member on here traded/sold with me, the maximum I was seeing for re-issues was topping out at $70. Didn't realize until seeing this thread and doing a quick search that the price has shot up from that in the last few months.

This is one of the first albums I bought on vinyl. Just sold my black copy. It's probably time to crack open my red copy and rediscover. Yeah, if the remaster ever does come out, it will probably be CD only like the Isn't Anything remaster from a few years back.

Most of the time when I make a mix, atleast one song from this record usually shows up on it. It makes sense to have a vinyl pressing in consistent print since the Before Loveless comp and countless other pre-Loveless EP's (This Is Your..., etc) represses are readily available.

There was a remaster that has been delayed for the last 2 years, but apparently that is supposed to be CD only. I would love to own this release so I hope that it turns out to be a vinyl remaster as well. I can't justify spending $100 for this album, or any album for that matter.

At the time that the board member on here traded/sold with me, the maximum I was seeing for re-issues was topping out at $70. Didn't realize until seeing this thread and doing a quick search that the price has shot up from that in the last few months.

Yeah, a buddy of mine got a copy of it on eBay for about $25 at this time last year. I've tried to buy it from him so many times but he won't budge haha

Yup. I never got around to buying this (I have it on CD from when I was a kid) and I'm annoyed with myself because of that. It was in one of my local shops for a while and the day I decided to go get it, someone else had grabbed it. Funny how that works.

I got a copy for $15 at a record store in Portland like six months ago. I didn't know it was going for so much when I found it. I'm really glad that I was able to get it for a reasonable price.

Most of the time when I make a mix, atleast one song from this record usually shows up on it. It makes sense to have a vinyl pressing in consistent print since the Before Loveless comp and countless other pre-Loveless EP's (This Is Your..., etc) represses are readily available.

I think all those repress like BL and TIY.. are boots....

the plain recordings reissue was around for a while for about $15-$20 a pop... never thought this would have sold out so rapidly... ebay, gemm.com, discogs...all gone (regarding the black reissue).

aural exploits had an exclusive red vinyl LP limited to 1000 a few years back...(i've got #600/1000) and even the black vinyl on their site is sold out.

I think this record may actually be the only thing I've ever ordered from aural exploits. Looks like that was a good decision in hindsight. I'll have to look @ my copy to see if it has a # out of 1000. I never noticed it before... lol.

Amazon has a copy listed from a marketplace seller for $298. That's just ridiculous.

I think all those repress like BL and TIY.. are boots....

I'm positive that Before Loveless is a boot as is Things Left most likely. Still glad to have them though. I need Isn't Anything and I think I'll be set for MBV.