Weezer Blue Album up for preorder

xckid31

did you even bother reading anything from this thread?

i've been following this entire thread for days now. just wanted confirmation from someone who's also spoken to a ssd livechat associate recently (within the past day) since they seem to have a reputation for extending their shipping times, as well as giving inaccurate information to some (referring to the earlier post about the modest mouse lp). no need to be a sarcastic cock, if you're going to take the time to type out a response you might as well try to make something useful of yourself rather than be the token elitist dick of the thread. thanks though for your contribution, real insightful.

whatever, cunt.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been following this entire thread for days now. just wanted confirmation from someone who's also spoken to a ssd livechat associate recently (within the past day) since they seem to have a reputation for extending their shipping times, as well as giving inaccurate information to some (referring to the earlier post about the modest mouse lp). no need to be a sarcastic cock, if you're going to take the time to type out a response you might as well try to make something useful of yourself rather than be the token elitist dick of the thread. thanks though for your contribution, real insightful.

And welcome to Vinyl Collective.

whatever, cunt.

ZING!

And welcome to Vinyl Collective.

This made me laugh.

424 629-1 and S=1/S=2, and 320 are inscribed in the matrices.

yep.

There's your 320.

Mine arrived nicely, if strangely, packed from SSD yesterday. I can't comment on sound quality because I need a new stylus. Jacket is thin card stock. Printing is nothing to write home about, blocky in some places, but passable. The vinyl is really thin/flimsy (140g or possibly slightly less) and came in a picture sleeve with similar relatively low-res printing. No lyrics or any other insert.

I'd post pics but I'm going to bed.

Honestly? I really wanted the album on vinyl, and none of this is bad enough that it doesn't get a pass from me as far as packaging goes. As long as the record sounds good, it's worth it. The card stock/thin weight/lame printing resolution is still a bummer, though.

Seems like a repress using the same plates or mastering as the 2002 reissue. I'm really picky about sound quality, and I was concerned this would just be a CD pressed on vinyl. But, this really sounds great, very dynamic and much fuller than any CD version I have heard. The 2002 reissue was supposedly from the master tapes, so hopefully this one is too.

Seems like a repress using the same plates or mastering as the 2002 reissue. I'm really picky about sound quality, and I was concerned this would just be a CD pressed on vinyl. But, this really sounds great, very dynamic and much fuller than any CD version I have heard. The 2002 reissue was supposedly from the master tapes, so hopefully this one is too.

Phew. This is good news. Sucks about the printing, though.

Were you expecting some crazy heavy "audiophile" pressing? I guess for $30 it could of been better but it is exactly how I pictured it. I'm completely satisfied with mine.

perfectly fine product, a little pricey, but certainly well packaged and $30ppd for an LP Ive wanted for a long time isnt that big a deal

My point exactly. Better than dishing out a ton on eBay. I don't think the art really suffered as mentioned before, and I certainly wasn't upset with the sleeve material.

• 2 months later...
Like I said. Not a dealbreaker for a record that isn't easy to come by, but certainly underwhelming for $30.

Thanks for posting your opinions on this release. And thanks to everyone else who's added in helpful info. I've been seeing copies of this around online and debating picking up a copy. Still debating with that price and the jacket and sleeve being subpar, but feel much more confident about the actual pressing. I think I'll watch a bit to see if it comes down in price at all... and then I'll probably cave in a week or so and just pick it up :P

Aaaand I caved :P Found it at a local Newbury Comics this weekend. Man, it's funny how you can find something while pawing through the stacks, and just because it's the only Weezer LP they currently have in stock at that store, and mostly because you're holding it in your hand, the price doesn't seem to really matter and you just have to have it :)

Like Steven said back a few posts, nothing to write home about with the packaging (though the pic sleeve is a nice addition), but the record itself sounds terrific. Stoked.

Also, curiously the barcode, 028942462915, had another barcode sticker over it on the shrink, 0720642462911, which is the original UK pressing barcode according to Discogs. Interesting...