Need Advice on a Circa Survive LP

So this might be dumb, but ima order Blue Sky Noise

and i cant decide what version to get

the Deluxe LP with different art

or the regular one with the regular cover art

problem is, i like the regular one's art more, and the vinyl in the regular one is blue and the delux is black

lol any thoughts?? maybe deluxe will be more valuable later on???

Try not to concern yourself as much with value and more about what's going to make the listening experience better. The deluxe is 2XLP and sounds better because of it. The regular is one LP and sounds pretty good for being so. That said, its their worst album. Just had to say it again.

true, you do have a point, i actually hated the album when it came out

and it sucks cause juturna is one of my favorite albums of all time

however, i recently gave it a relisten and now i really really love it, its funny how music sometimes just isnt right for you originally but as time goes on and you change, even in a year, its just different

i did the same thing with brand new, the devil and god are raging inside me but now im positive that its a masterpiece

true, you do have a point, i actually hated the album when it came out

and it sucks cause juturna is one of my favorite albums of all time

however, i recently gave it a relisten and now i really really love it, its funny how music sometimes just isnt right for you originally but as time goes on and you change, even in a year, its just different

i did the same thing with brand new, the devil and god are raging inside me but now im positive that its a masterpiece

Blue Sky Noise will never be as good as Devil and God. And that's coming from someone who is a bigger Circa Survive fan. Devil and God had to grow on me too and it grew faster and became far better for me than I can ever imagine BSN being. Started listening to both around the same time.

I just think blue sky noise and their previous stuff is for two different groups. I personally dislike and couldn't really get into juturna and on letting go, but i LOVE blue sky noise. So go figure?

Definitely agree with what mcpherson said about TDAG

I think you're right about the different groups theory. BSN takes everything great about their composition style and waters it down and makes them less unique.

Juturna felt like a completely new and different type of music. Before that the only album that had really felt like that for me was Deloused In The Comatorium. On Letting Go saw them losing some of their uniqueness while still being a solid offering but BSN had them shitting it away.

I'm sorry I keep qualifying their work instead of adding anything useful to the original inquiry.

I have both versions, and the deluxe sounds way better. A lot of the original were pretty warped and bad weird sound variations. My first copy made Anthony's voice a lot lower, and my friend's copy makes it sound a lot higher. It's weird. But you can also get the original copy new for like $15ppd easy, but the 2xLP is harder to find and usually around $40, so yeah, it all depends on how much you wanna spend and how hard you wanna look.

Despite what other people are saying, I love Circa's music, start to finish. I think they're all great musicians, and all great at what they do. Even if they pick up a few things here and there from another genre, I think they'll always be unique and make great music. On Letting Go is my favorite Circa album, but I love them all.

I just recently got into Brand New, and for the longest time I wouldn't listen to them because their first album I heard is Daisy, and I hated it, and still do to this day, but then I sat down and listened to Deja and D&G and I fell in love with it. I think Devil and God is a great album, but I don't really see a point in comparing Brand New and Circa at all, they're completely different.

Someone put up a copy of Deja on Discogs for $100 and I was too late to get it. >.>

Go for the deluxe, the original press on blue had a ton of issues with warping and other quality issues.

funny. my deluxe has a flaw on side B track 1. my regular pressing has no issues other than being a little on the quiet side. good ol' deluxe vinyl and flaws. maybe i'm imagining this....but i swore the opening of the song had a constant pop and the groove looked like it had some crap pressed into it. now i need to listen to the whole thing. i know it's here somewhere! ;D

and like Travis said, it's on clearance at Hot Topic. get the deluxe. or just get both and be a true superfan.

comparing BSN to D&G? yikes. i love Juturna AND Blue Sky Noise as well. and definitely more than anything Brand New has done. bizarre statement. Circa is a better live band than Brand New too, sadly.

My advice is to not buy any Circa Survive LPs. But it looks like I'm too late.

no better time to heckle you for that Anberlin record than now! :P