Ltd. Ed. Ariel Pink/R. Stevie Moor Mirror Lathe 7"

the "lathe cut" is an individually cut piece (similar to lacquers) that can pretty much be cut into anything. I have a Le Shok 7" that has a song cut into the paper cover, and an old noise band's album that was cut into the top of a CD, while the bottom plays like a standard CD

It works, but quality degrades quicker than a standard vinyl album. a mirror would probably give your needle a run for its money

there's a few Wolf Eyes albums that sort of employ this. One is lathe-cut into a laserdisc, and the other has an LP glued to a lathe-cut laserdisc, so the LP plays side A and the laserdisc plays side B

the "lathe cut" is an individually cut piece (similar to lacquers) that can pretty much be cut into anything. I have a Le Shok 7" that has a song cut into the paper cover, and an old noise band's album that was cut into the top of a CD, while the bottom plays like a standard CD

It works, but quality degrades quicker than a standard vinyl album. a mirror would probably give your needle a run for its money

I'd like to own a cd that had vinyl pressed on top. Anybody know of any other albums that are like this?

There's an Anberlin 5" that's like this - cd on one side, record on the other.

came into this WAY late. Ah well. For as prolific as R. Stevie Moore is, his stuff isn't the easiest to find - this would have been nice to own as opposed to being flipper fodder as usual.

Looks like youre in luck, hes going to re-press 77 more copies. Im kind of bummed it wont be as exclusive but then again I was so impressed with how these turned out that Ill probably buy another one.

Looks like only 66 copies now

Guest deathbydrums

This is bullshit. No repress = no grey area.

Not like anyone who bought this shit was going to actually play it so the repress isn't even about more people hearing the music.

Actions like this used to be called "false advertising". Fucking hate shit business like this.

I've got an earlier PIAPTK lathe cut, the Salesman - Skull EP cut onto a laserdisc /25, and for the record (ha) it sounds great. Best label, the guy clearly has a passion for what he puts out and loves to do weird things. Still bummed I slept on getting the paint-by-numbers Golden Boots 10" where you get a bonus lathe-cut CD-R for sending in a picture of the completed cover.