PO: The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet (Ships 5/12)

5000 copies.

How did you find this out?

you can add as many items to your cart as you want.. I tried 4000, and it would have let me check out. Went up to 4500 and I got a screen asking to be notified when they were in stock. played around with the numbers from there.

5000 is a safe assumption because I checked about an hour after they went up..but I obviously am just making an educated guess.

EDIT: Now I see they added this note:

"Warning: The maximum order level for this product is 5 items."

#1 ---- 21:44:23 EST

SubTotal : $47.98

Shipping and Handling Fee : $13.48

Tax Total : $0.00

Total: $61.46

#2 ---- 21:58:25 EST

SubTotal : $47.98

Shipping and Handling Fee : $14.98

Tax Total : $0.00

Total: $62.96

So its the shipping that increased, not the original product price. I don't know. That's weird. The shipping is already super steep at $13.48. What shipping method are you using for that?

Guest deathbydrums

By the description, only the poster is "limited edition"... whatever that phrase means nowadays.

"Double 12" Opaque Blue & Orange Vinyl. This album features a widespine jacket with 2 full color 3D inner sleeves and 3D Glasses. Also included, Limited Edition 12" x 24" full color (folded) poster insert."

Anyone notice that they're claiming its opaque vinyl but the photo looks like its translucent colors? I'm guessing none of the vinyl is actually pressed yet so the vinyl in the photo is more than likely not the actual product. I actually think these colors would look better translucent than opaque. What do y'all think?

Hopefully the vinyl color is limited.

Why does it matter?

Also yeah I think these would look better translucent, especially the orange.

Well, this being a site made up of a lot of collectors, many like limited pressings. If this color were limited it would justify preordering way in advance and paying for shipping rather than just buying it later at a store.

Do we really have to go into this bullshit conversation again? Seems like every month some cooler than thou wad has to make some comment about someone being into limited or variant pressings.

Hopefully the vinyl color is limited.

Why does it matter?

I doesn't matter to some. But a lot of (or most of) the people on here like to collect more limited records. So, if that's not your thing (which seeing as you list how limited your records are on your tradelist, I'd say it is), let others like what they like.

I understand what you're saying, and it was an honest question. I just meant the way TMV do things this is almost surely the only pressing, therefore why would you want it limited, let as many people get the only press as possible. Obviously you're hoping the colour is limited and they'll press a reg black? I think even Frances had both the glow in the dark and the regular go up at the same time though.

My question was pretty stupid. :o

Why does it matter?

Well, this being a site made up of a lot of collectors, many like limited pressings. If this color were limited it would justify preordering way in advance and paying for shipping rather than just buying it later at a store.

Do we really have to go into this bullshit conversation again? Seems like every month some cooler than thou wad has to make some comment about someone being into limited or variant pressings.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

From ORLP's facebook:

"Make sure to pre-order the limited 3-D first pressing of The Mars Volta "Noctourniquet" before they are gone! http://hellomerch.com/sh/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=57"

So apparently there will be a second press (maybe) with different attributes. Non-3-D, I guess.