PO - John Nolan - Songs I Wrote (Hand Numbered)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE, just got my package from the Post Man, got a Botched Test Pressing 4/10, dude, I could not be more stoked....what's botched on this test out of curiosity?

The botched presses have the wrong track order. If memory serves me right Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride and So Slow, So Predictable are flip flopped.

DUDE, just got my package from the Post Man, got a Botched Test Pressing 4/10, dude, I could not be more stoked....what's botched on this test out of curiosity?

Glad this went to a cool-ass dude like yourself, Birdwell.

LOL, casey man, you might be one of 3 people on this board that thinks so. Hopefully your records get to you quickly man, they said Saturday when I asked, but hopefully it'll be a bit quicker than that.

additionally, just the track order is messed up, OK, i didn't wanna throw it on the turntable as I was scared it was mastered wacky or something and was going to make my stylus jump around or something crazy like that, either way, Soooo stoked man, thanks again, killer release, just got done spinning both sides (of the actual pressing), sounds great

Mine got here today as well, its sort of a hardwood color/mahogany

and i got a signed guitar pick and a flier with it.

[image]

Like the one on the top?

Because there was an even darker shade on maybe 5-10 of them that I didn't find until I was actually packing them up.. just curious to see if anyone on here caught one of those.

By this, I meant my John Nolan/Hailey package, not your package. I am not expecting yours until the end of the week.

...should've known that, being that it was in this thread...ya win some, ya lose some

What'd you think of the color of the test press? Did you get one of the dark blue or black swirl? I was kind of bummed I didn't get any of that shade when the finished product finally came back to me.

...should've known that, being that it was in this thread...ya win some, ya lose some

What'd you think of the color of the test press? Did you get one of the dark blue or black swirl? I was kind of bummed I didn't get any of that shade when the finished product finally came back to me.

The test I got closest resembles No Idea's Purple Mix, I honestly like the color of the actual record better, I got 100/500 and it's almost a perfect match for the lighter shade of green on the cover where the actual text is

The test I got closest resembles No Idea's Purple Mix, I honestly like the color of the actual record better, I got 100/500 and it's almost a perfect match for the lighter shade of green on the cover where the actual text is

Ohh okay. Hopefully someone on the boards got one of the black ones and can post a pic, I didn't take one before I sent them out.

I definitely prefer the green and the red/orange mix to the purple, as well. The olive shade really does match the art the best.

Mine got here today as well, its sort of a hardwood color/mahogany

and i got a signed guitar pick and a flier with it.

[image]

Like the one on the top?

Because there was an even darker shade on maybe 5-10 of them that I didn't find until I was actually packing them up.. just curious to see if anyone on here caught one of those.

[image]

Is this the dark shade you're talking about? I can't tell from the pics. Anyone else wanna try to match it? Maybe mine would be 2nd or 3rd from the top? I don't know.

Also, Mike, is that a signed setlist you threw in?

[image]

Like the one on the top?

[image]

Is this the dark shade you're talking about? I can't tell from the pics. Anyone else wanna try to match it? Maybe mine would be 2nd or 3rd from the top? I don't know.

That's close to the shade, there were a few that are even browner. But yeah, that's no the right track of what I was talking about.

And yeah - thats a set list from his last solo tour. I think it was maybe 2009? From when he was on the road with Gabriel The Marine, right when Height came out.

EDIT: Yours is definitely closer to the top one than any other, the third from the top is more of a pinkish/red

[image]

That's close to the shade, there were a few that are even browner. But yeah, that's no the right track of what I was talking about.

And yeah - thats a set list from his last solo tour. I think it was maybe 2009? From when he was on the road with Gabriel The Marine, right when Height came out.

EDIT: Yours is definitely closer to the top one than any other, the third from the top is more of a pinkish/red

Mines darker then the one he posted iirc I'll take a pic when I get home and it's #74 I think

Mines darker then the one he posted iirc I'll take a pic when I get home and it's #74 I think

The numbers don't necessarily correspond to the color of the record - I tried to give the orders the lowest # possible, but also tried to vary the colors around a bit so that everyone didn't get the same shade.

The numbers don't necessarily correspond to the color of the record - I tried to give the orders the lowest # possible, but also tried to vary the colors around a bit so that everyone didn't get the same shade.

oh I know, i was just stating my handwritten number lol

oh I know, i was just stating my handwritten number lol

Ha got it. Anyone beat #74? You may have the lowest

#49 here.

Wow, did not realize they got that low haha... but good.

Didn't get mine today :/ Hoping for it to arrive tomorrow!

Really? That's weird, if it's not there by tomorrow or Friday let me know.

#49 here.

Wow, did not realize they got that low haha... but good.

Didn't get mine today :/ Hoping for it to arrive tomorrow!

Really? That's weird, if it's not there by tomorrow or Friday let me know.

Yeah you'd think NY to PA would take all of a day, but with USPS you never really know. Will do man thanks!

Would any of you guys be interested in a proper Height release? By that I mean, would you rebuy it if it came with art/liner notes/etc?

definitely. the first release was a total letdown.

I reached out to the label that put it out. I'd like to be able to do SOMETHING with it, so hopefully they respond. Their website/store seems basically defunct so who knows