Top 100 Emo Songs of All Time

kriss

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell guys?

FSF #1 EmO song should be their cover of "Say It Ain't So" because Weezer is so emoid.

There should be some Recess Theory, for sure. "Ode To Be An Anchor"???? How eMo is that?

Yeah, I think the first few Brandtson albums on Deep Elm would be classified as Emo. When they stopped being emo, they made their best music, as all reasonable people will agree.

A lot of other Deep Elm bands could be here too: Appleseed Cast, Camber, Pop Unknown, etc.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':ljhd3kml]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ljhd3kml]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

On the "genre limitations are stupid" bit, if people didn't get so caught up in genre, there would be no laughs to sit back and get when everyone got all up in arms about how so and so "isn't _______" whenever a list like this is put up.

So I guess genre is good for something?

Says the guy with a genre in his screenname.

Not using it as a genre, and I don't care enough to get mad about everything related to putting bands into categories. ;)

Only when other people are ridiculous about it is when I laugh about it. To insinuate that punk is merely a genre is a very, shall I say, major label A&R reptilian brain thing to do. I know you don't think that way, so don't reduce the perception of my own thinking to that level.

Everyone, quit ruining music by letting everyone make you mad about what things are classified as. Seriously, this is stupid, lists are stupid, and you're stupid for letting this shit get to you.

Not using it as a genre

Tinder

- Punk (fireworks), a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses

- Amadou and related substances decayed through the influence of fungus and used like tinder

Slang and other uses

- "Punk", an archaic term for prostitute, as used by Shakespeare

- "Punk", slang for a young man who is the sexual partner of an older man.

- Punk, one of the Mega Man Killers, robots in the Mega Man Classic video game series

- A cattail

Only when other people are ridiculous about it is when I laugh about it. To insinuate that punk is merely a genre is a very, shall I say, major label A&R reptilian brain thing to do. I know you don't think that way, so don't reduce the perception of my own thinking to that level.

Everyone, quit ruining music by letting everyone make you mad about what things are classified as. Seriously, this is stupid, lists are stupid, and you're stupid for letting this shit get to you.

Cool it down brother, I was pointing out a whimsical irony in correlation between yr statement and yr screen handle. It'll be okay. :)

Major label thinking isn't my personal intent and I don't think it's wrong to look at genres in such a way. Would someone look at a Max Ernst painting and go "Oh that's Impressionist!" before some snob comes along and goes "No! Seurat is impressionist! This is surrealist" and view such an argument as one of genre? No. It's a manner of difference between two VERY distinct movements. What is considered emo in 2012 is NOT what emo started as in 1985 and that's a fact plain and simple.

As for the punk argument, punk is outside of just music - it's ideology through community betterment via music, writing, art, self publishing, seeing the world become a better place. Whiny love songs with fast guitars and "let's go!" peppered inbetween each chorus does not fit this in its purest form. Again, nothing against that stuff - but let's not call it an apple when it's an orange okay? :)

Not using it as a genre

Tinder

- Punk (fireworks), a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses

- Amadou and related substances decayed through the influence of fungus and used like tinder

Slang and other uses

- "Punk", an archaic term for prostitute, as used by Shakespeare

- "Punk", slang for a young man who is the sexual partner of an older man.

- Punk, one of the Mega Man Killers, robots in the Mega Man Classic video game series

- A cattail

PEdant much? Kriss, you know damn well what I'm getting at, and if you're going to exclude the rest of my post from (admittedly worthless) discussion to post outdated dictionary definitions, and poke fun at my username of all things, then there's not really much discussion to be had.

Stop refusing to let others enjoy things.

[image]

Come now, this thread was started in good fun - as most of the threads on this board are - if you're getting hot wired and concerned that I'm dictating fascism in terms of what folks listen to, you may be taking things too seriously and might want to consider putting the keyboard down for a couple of minutes and walking the dogs to clear yr head.

Making fun of yr name? AGAIN (with feeling), a whimsical correlation between the irony of yr statement and yr screenname. It was an attempt at being funny at best and harmless trolling at worst. Let's not get declarative and hateful about this.

[image]

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':tgq0qrqh]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':tgq0qrqh]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

No, No. The whole thing is good. I couldn't stop laughing as I watched it because of the metaphor I thought you were throwing out there with the literal firing back and forth as juxtaposition for the literal back and forth Andrew and I are having.

this thread is good. not rocketcat/69 or that one chick with the ICP tattoo good, but it's entertaining enough for me. My pens are gonna run dry from me neglecting the art I've been working on for the sake of a good 'ol fashioned flame war!