Solar Flare?

Any nerds out there care to give me some insight?

I guess our atmosphere is re-acting with the energy put out by the sun or something.

Any cool videos to watch? Some people are saying it could knock out power and communications if severe enough.

I know some of you are on top of this, I am curious. Thanks.

Hit Earth yesterday. Originally thought not to be bad but then it picked up today. Normally you can't see the lights unless you're near the Canadian/US border but they said states as low as upper Illinois might see them tonight.

ATT is bullshitting you on that one. Maybe if you had Direct TV I could see them using that excuse.

I knew you guys would pull through, pretty interesting to say the least. Lol at AT&T. I have them and mine has been working although I am way down in Texas.

Does it 'affect' the areas which it can be seen more so than other areas or does it 'affect' globally, just only visible in the upper half of the north hemisphere?

Does it 'affect' the areas which it can be seen more so than other areas or does it 'affect' globally, just only visible in the upper half of the north hemisphere?

Globally, it's the interplay of the CME and our magnetosphere. The aurora form as the plasma is drawn towards Earth's magnetic poles and interacts with our atmosphere.