PO: ENDPOINT - In A Time Of Hate LP Reissue

[image]

Reissue of Endpoint's 'In A Time Of Hate'...their debult full-length originally on Conversion Records. Now Reissued by Simba Records, the album has been remastered. Pressed on red wax it will feature hand-screened covers and all individually numbered out of 500. Get at it before they sell out.

You can pre-order via Simba right now...or wait 'til RSD (as long as your store gets it)...but it will sell out quick!

http://simbarecords.bigcartel.com/product/endpoint-in-a-time-of-hate-lp

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Dave...how poorly are we talking here? Wanna post some pics perhaps?

Juan, I'll try. I'm probably overstating the problem. Vinyl is mint and the dings came out some with work BUT I was disappointed since the screen is really nice.

Let me get out the camera. This is a fitting way to reissue this HC classic.

Love this album. This cover is a nice touch. You can see the corners didn't make it to me in great shape but all in all it smoothed out alright so my apologies for overstating the matter. This is a nice piece of vinyl. The red color is a great compliment to the cover. I appreciate that this wasn't a simple repress but instead a sort of homage.

[image]

Endpoint In A Time Of Hate by davecassidy77, on Flickr

[image]

DSC_1018 by davecassidy77, on Flickr

[image]

DSC_1015 by davecassidy77, on Flickr

[image]

DSC_1019 by davecassidy77, on Flickr

Showed up today. The screened cover is awesome but it was packed quite poorly and the left corners have nasty dings. I normally don't care about this stuff but it takes away from the screen and that's disappointing.

Nice job otherwise.

Mine came in very similar condition, which is very disappointing considering how fragile the silkscreened covers were/are. Oh well, just glad to have the release and not have to fight the RSD crowds for it.

Thanks for the pics Dave. Yeah, those corner crimps are cringe-worthy. Yikes!

How does it sound? According to Duncan Barlow when I spoke with him, he remixed it a bit so it wouldn't sound so muddled and the bass so heavy.

Haven't had a chance to listen. I want to wait until I have time to spin the original back to back with the reissue.

Again, disappointment only comes because the cover is so awesome. After all the effort to make this such a nice release I wish they had used actual record mailers.

Juan,

I couldn't wait and played Side A this morning. It sounds great but I can't rightly assess the differences without a back to back playing. I like that they went for a remastering. I think, as an example, the Indecision reissue that Bitter Melody did was a vast improvement over the original. This might rest in the same category when all is said and done.

I like Endpoint, not my favorite of the Pennington / Barlow bands, but admittedly I never saw them live either.

Which is a rather remarkable part of the equation of this bands appeal and the connection most people make with them.

A lot of their catalog just has a weirdness to the recording that I can't get past.