Vinyl Vs. MP3 - Do you love records? read!

Seems like it was written by a hipster douche that trawlled a few blogs looking for good quotes to use in his ever so poignent diatribe against the digital format.

There is a new vinyl rulez blog written on a daily basis, all of them suck and smack of hipster fuckwittedry. Not to mention the old 'I'm right you're wrong' attitude.

I think you guys will dig this. Hope all is well...

fight the good fight!

http://www.noisey.com/blog/vinyl-must-prevail

The majority of the points made in that article had nothing to do with vinyl or even records in general. It was more of a tirade against a changing culture that sounds like something one of my 80 year old grandparents would make. I think your intentions were good (all though I'm not entirely sure) but you need to make more cogent well thought out points. No ones going to read 8. MP3s are invisible. and go OH SHIT DUDES RIGHT VINYLZ ALL THE WAY... Also your point about records being the longest running medium is just flat out stupid, combustion engines are the longest running form of car engine, should we still use them or upgrade. I don't want to seem like I hate collecting records, in fact I love it and spend way to much on it, however if you're going to defend it make sure your points are valid and not "typical cop-outs said by people who either don't really enjoy records".

thanks for sharing, jeffo.

all the above can appreciate a good article on the quality of vinyl, i'm sure they weren't trying to be mean.

but one point missed in the blog: now that vinyl is proving the be the preferred medium for kids and middle-aged yipsters, record co's are charging twice as much as they did before!

Remember when CD's came out and were supposed to make music cheaper? then they just charged the same amount plus a little more for the "bonus track"? Now, i go to record stores and browse the new vinyl selection- $29 for a 180g Bob Dylan album? are you f'n kiddin me? They got the same album for $2 in the used section!

You are being used!

all the above can appreciate a good article on the quality of vinyl, i'm sure they weren't trying to be mean.

but one point missed in the blog: now that vinyl is proving the be the preferred medium for kids and middle-aged yipsters, record co's are charging twice as much as they did before!

Remember when CD's came out and were supposed to make music cheaper? then they just charged the same amount plus a little more for the "bonus track"? Now, i go to record stores and browse the new vinyl selection- $29 for a 180g Bob Dylan album? are you f'n kiddin me? They got the same album for $2 in the used section!

You are being used!

You should post more, you are very insightful.

You are being used!

You should post more, you are very insightful.

[image]

That's not a great article. You lost me when you said you couldn't "escape" with mp3s. That's horseshit, honestly. Is it about the music or about the medium? (hint: the answer should be music!)

And not too many ladies get wet over any kind of music collection.

same music, roughly the same price (for the most part), might as well have something tangible...

Now, i go to record stores and browse the new vinyl selection- $29 for a 180g Bob Dylan album? are you f'n kiddin me? They got the same album for $2 in the used section!
who's bob dylan and why would his album be in the used section? he wasn't in the used