30% off vinyl + 96 cent shipping at GoHastings

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I have been getting mine as well. Cds not vinyl. How hard is it to figure out. but from the invoices I get along with them it is pretty easy to see why the store ships cd's. It doesn't say anything about being a vinyl. The ones I have received they told me to keep and refunded me. Guess i get free cd's that I already own out of the deal.

...Is A Real Boy ended up being some Latino CD.

...but, I did score on the Scott Pilgrim OST LP! The outer sleeve was a little beat up, but the record is pristine. Ended up just costing me 9 bucks.

got scott pilgrim too. sleeve was creased like crazy and bent to hell, but the record is fine. it came in a bubble mailer, too. im glad to finally own it without having to pay out the ass for it.

Just some notes since I work for Hastings.

First off they have started a new program for shipping out product and stores can now order vinyl mailers, at my store I either bring some in or we reuse the frustration free ones, which I sent two records out today in.

On the invoice it should say Album, that is supposed to let you know that it's a record.

Hastings is supposed to be getting into buying used vinyl but as far as I know have not. So if you see a used record most likely it was bought back wrong from a customer (wrong barcode) and will be a used CD.

The employees sending records in bubble mailers are morons. There are ton of cardboard boxes that get discarded that would work better.

Any other questions let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I am glad i didn't (or wished I had earlier ;) ) see that MAstodon box. $140? i would have bought it. Now I have my priorities re-aligned to a much larger investment.

Go hastings sent me two shipments in bubble mailers. One was a picture disc with PVC sleeve, so it was fine. the other was bent to hell and back. It was a cheap easily replaceable record so it didn't bother me, but still a very poor packaging choice.

I have tried to buy at least 40 different records from this site and if it doesn't get cancelled (which happens the most), you will be receiving a CD of the album you wanted on vinyl. They only got 4 of the albums I actually want on vinyl in the mail and 2 out of the 4 were terrible packed in a bubble envelope and damaged.

I got to keep most of the CDs, but did have to mail a bunch back as well. Purchase at your own risk.

I'd like to voice another complaint about Hastings:

You know those CDs that are from the CD clubs- Columbia Manufacturing or whatever? You know they're from the CD clubs because the barcode is different and marked as such, right? Well, I have a few of those CDs and whenever I've tried to sell them to Hastings, they won't take them for that reason. But yet, here I am receiving 4 used CDs from Hastings in the mail that were not only not vinyl records that I ordered, but they're all CDs from those stupid clubs that Hastings won't buy off of me.

Just so everyone knows they are NOW starting to make each store use vinyl mailers for records. They are sending them out to each store. Like I said above, I have been bringing my own in for about the last two years and using them. The bubble mailers should hopefully be done with but who knows for sure.

Also, like mentioned above if you order a USED RECORD you are most likely going to get a USED CD. They are in the early stages of starting to buy vinyl but it really hasn't started yet.

Also in regards to the BMG CD's, there is no reason they should not take them unless your store is lazy. If the barcode does not scan they are supposed to look up the title in the computer. If it's not in the computer they are still supposed to buy them back as generic. We buy BMG and even Promo's. They only ones we don't take are the Promos that have words printed on the front insert.

I wish I could speak for all stores but I can't just mine.