JR.com

any success or horror stories with these guys? i placed an order on saturday after not being able to grab Anberlin NTFP in time at the store i went to. they charged my card, and the website still lists it as in stock (along with a ton of other stuff that is seemingly sold out everywhere else).

I called and got bounced around to like 5 people before giving up but no one there seems to know what the status of inventory is... from what I gather it sounds like they are waiting for stuff to come in maybe?

anyone have any more insight? i get the sinking feeling it's one of those "wait a month only to receive a cancellation email" scenarios...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've worked with them a bunch when i worked in the city, they are a legit company but they run shit ass backwards. no one take offense to this but its basically israel in there... and everyones a complete asshole.

but i did order a couple things from them on saturday as well. they haven't charged me yet and i really don't expect them to pull through at this point

That being said if anyone has an extra Anberlin NTFP they're willing to sell or trade me please let me know what you're looking for to make it happen...

http://www.merchdirect.com/ToothandNail/Vinyl/Never_Take_Friendship_Personal?productid=15310

oh man i'm an ass, i should've thought to check there first before freaking out. i guess just because this is one of my favorite bands doesn't mean it gets sold out quick like everything else. I just don't get why stores wouldn't get more, Looney Tunes only got like 5...

anyway thanks a bunch, +1 for you

oh man i'm an ass, i should've thought to check there first before freaking out. i guess just because this is one of my favorite bands doesn't mean it gets sold out quick like everything else. I just don't get why stores wouldn't get more, Looney Tunes only got like 5...

anyway thanks a bunch, +1 for you

They only JUST put those up this morning so don't feel too bad :)

Yeah they're this big huge electronics store... think Best Buy but more run down. I've never seen records in the one near me. I'd stay away from ordering from here if you can help it.

The Music store is on the strip of J&R stores. It is an instore clusterfuck though....

Ohhh okay I don't think I've ever been there. The one I used to live near during college was in the Bronx, so they had 0 selection.

EDIT: At what point am I going to stop being freaked out after every time I say "when I was in college" or something similar?

Are you thinking B&H Photo? Or maybe both places have this policy

holy shit i am! lol sorry for the mix up.

its been a while since i've worked in the city

I work in the photography field for a living and I've been to B&H once (although I order almost weekly online from them) and they were complete assholes - I bought 2 memory cards and they said "you're only buying these because they dropped the prices on them" when I asked for them...

EDIT: At what point am I going to stop being freaked out after every time I say "when I was in college" or something similar?

probably around the time you start freaking out instead about turning 30, which is where i'm at.

but nah, not really. i hear a lot of people say 30s are the best. i guess i'll let you know.

probably around the time you start freaking out instead about turning 30, which is where i'm at.

but nah, not really. i hear a lot of people say 30s are the best. i guess i'll let you know.

This

I love my 30's - really.

I stopped saying "when I was in High School" or "when I was in College" and started to instead refer to things music and friendship related as "coming of age" - I found it easier to explain to people who didn't share the same experiences as I did.

I read on yahoo news that relationships are the best at the age of 33. And by relationships, I mean the sex...