THE FRONT BOTTOMS

Saw them at a free Flaming Lips pre-party show at The Jewish Mother in Norfolk, VA last October. My friend and I were eating there before we went into the NorVa for the FL show (A bigger theater behind JewMo, if you live in Virginia and haven't heard of the NorVa there is something wrong with you) and they just happened to be playing that night. Great band. Will probably spring for this.

I wish they would do more with their back catalogue. At times it can be rough with the production value and mixing, but the songs are so good.

I think they've said before that they would try to release it more formally, but they've been pretty busy for the past couple years, so who knows when it would happen

From what I can understand, each of the 10"s is an EP that they had previously put out. But on the mp3 download that came with my copy it was just called The Front Bottoms (instead of Slow Dance to Soft Rock and Grip n Tie the names of the EPs) and had that track listing. So I'm guessing they changed the order to make it more of a cohesive album.

Yea, if you get the download from iTunes/Amazon/Mediafire/Etc. it will be "The Front Bottoms" but the actual 10" digi-download shows up as "Slow Dance to Soft Rock/Grip n Tie" same tracks and order.

Pointless post but found this out when I lost some of my iTunes last month

Saw them at a free Flaming Lips pre-party show at The Jewish Mother in Norfolk, VA last October. My friend and I were eating there before we went into the NorVa for the FL show (A bigger theater behind JewMo, if you live in Virginia and haven't heard of the NorVa there is something wrong with you) and they just happened to be playing that night. Great band. Will probably spring for this.

the norva's strict "no fun" policy fucking sucks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think there's another pressing of this that's coming out. I ordered from Bar-None a few weeks ago, and a few days after that I got an email from Mathew saying that they were waiting for the records to ship from the pressing plant. I have no idea how limited or what color it will be on.

I wonder if it will be the 2x 10" or just a 12"

They had the 2x10" and the 12" in the store and I bought the 12". I'm hoping that's what I get since that's what I paid for. I just bought it thinking it was in stock, but apparently it's being pressed.

I ordered a 12" from Bar/None in the last week of feburary. It came in today and was pressed on clear vinyl, and included a note apologizing for the delay!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/433103/IMG_6093.jpg

I ordered a 12" from Bar/None in the last week of feburary. It came in today and was pressed on clear vinyl, and included a note apologizing for the delay!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/433103/IMG_6093.jpg

Good, maybe we'll finally get this in at work, we've had it ordered since dec