Anyone go to the Matt Skiba & The Sekrets show in Chicago last night?

That video is the intro and first song (and aborted second song) of the show. It was Skiba's first-ever show performing as Matt Skiba & the Sekrets, too. He has a music stand onstage but still can't remember words, and his voice seems to be totally shot. What's weird is the band are either oblivious to his situation or are purposely ignoring it, as even as he tells them to start the song again at the second verse, they end up starting the next song, but Skiba still thinks it's the first song, so the wrong lyrics are sung.

Skiba tweeted apologizing for the show, and saying he wasn't drunk, just nervous. I dunno about that. Was anyone there? How long did they actually play for?

Not enough practices I guess. Also why didn't he just do The Hell and use these songs with Atom Willard? Songs sound similar anyway.

...oh and I love the Charlie Sheen and Tigers Blood tag.

Haha, thanks for noticing! This feels like the clusterfuck that was the first night of that Charlie Sheen tour, too.

Also, that's Hunter from AFI on bass (and wearing a weird Eyes Wide Shut mask).

Wow, I thought about going to this. Glad I didn't, that is absolutely the one of the worst things I've seen from an already established musician. To watch him there staring at a music stand and not singing any words and basically stand there in bewilderment of his own songs blows my mind. Seems like he was too concerned with his outfit to actually learn the songs that he created.

all videos are blocked at work, so I didnt see that. sounds like a complete trainwreck. cant wait to read your experience on twitter tonight

Sounds like a real bummer, hopeful he isn't going to choke up on choking up (vicious circle :/)

Personally I love a lot of Alk3 stuff but can't dig any of his solo work :P

What the hell? That was awful. I like how about 2 minutes in he starts saying "we're new at this"... As if everything was falling apart. No, buddy, just you screwing up the songs and causing this train wreck.

Anyone know if it got any better? Hard to imagine it could've gotten any worse.

I have tickets for when they're in Pomona... Hope he gets it together by then...

What the hell? That was awful. I like how about 2 minutes in he starts saying "we're new at this"... As if everything was falling apart. No, buddy, just you screwing up the songs and causing this train wreck.

Anyone know if it got any better? Hard to imagine it could've gotten any worse.

I have tickets for when they're in Pomona... Hope he gets it together by then...

Im going to that show too, mainly to see Joyce Manor though

Im going to that show too, mainly to see Joyce Manor though

Pretty excited about seeing them. I actually had never heard of them but I went into HT to pick up something a couple weeks ago and for some reason I was really intrigued with the cover and band name. Ended up buying it out of curiosity (and because it was during the $15 off of $30 promo) and ended up loving it

He apologized to Chuck Ragan over twitter for his actions on the LA stop of the Revival Tour a while back.

Here is a(n) (equally uncomfortable) video:

I've been a fan of his for a long time. Between these two occurrences, I really hope he's taking care of himself, for his music's sake and for his health's sake.