Am I the only one who was disappointed with the 10th anniversary pressing of Your Favorite Weapon?

My thoughts exactly

your favorite weapon is a worse album than daisy.

but this is coming from someone that only enjoyed devil and god, and about half of deja.

i thought fav. weapon is a bunch of poorly written pop punk full of cheeseball high school bullshit.

daisy is atleast artistic and passionate, i like the angst and anger in the vocals, but the songs don't really do much for me.

I'm really not much of a fan of this band, at all, but i'm still forced to admit that devil and god was a pretty damn good record.

It's not even about opinions on the record itself. It's more in regards to his comments akin to;

"Oh, you have a Crosley? I'm sorry your parents adopted you."

"Audio Technica LP 120? Ha. Take it back to the streets where you belong, peasant."

"My setup is meticulously aligned to Baerwald, and I use a line contact stylus, so sibilance and inner groove distortion simply aren't words that apply to my setup."

snob1.gif

(Also relevant.)

I'd like to know what cart/stylus the guy with the debut iii is using. It's always possible I got a bad copy. But I don't see how pressing problems would create the sound issues I've been having on this title.

Not trying to come off as elitist., but there is a HUGE difference in SQ when a record is played on a decent rig, and a less than decent rig. Any comments of sound quality coming from someone with a less than decent rig don't really add anything to the discussion, do they?

Somehow I got the crazy idea we were supposed to listen to these things.

My mistake for forgetting that records are for framing.

Yeah guys, I thought we were supposed to listen to these things. On our $1k+ stereo setups. What are you morons doing with anything less?

This isn't the Steve Hoffman forums dude, most people don't have setups as nice as you apparently do. You are also talking about the first Brand New record, and I still find it funny that you need to hear this mediocre record with full fidelity.

Yeah guys, I thought we were supposed to listen to these things. On our $1k+ stereo setups. What are you morons doing with anything less?

I know right? All my records are useless to me until i get a better set up. Well looks like I'll have to pass up buying a house and getting Flyers season tickets so I can buy a kick ass "rig" to give my records some actual use other than internet credz and dec-o-ration.

Bah, you guys are a bunch of morons. End of story. My elitism in this thread will come from the fact that very few of the people on this forum can think rationally. You don't have to sell your first born to get a decent rig. You don't have to even spend $500 bucks. But you guys have to take it to such extremes.

The guys on the Steve Hoffman forums don't listen to Brand New, you guys don't give a crap about the sound you subject yourselves to, maybe there should be a third forum that can reach this middle ground. Anyhow, I treasure the Hoffman forums. It's nice to be in the presence of people who care too much rather than too little.

I tried to start a discussion on the quality of a product with people who actually could own it and give some insight on their experiences with it. But then I remembered that most of you collect color variants and frame your records, when you're not posting in a thread about shoplifting from urban outfitters.

You guys have become a self-fulfilling joke. Peace out homies.

when you're not posting in a thread about shoplifting from urban outfitters.

I really, really enjoyed reading this thread... but this line was the cherry.

Also, I love that everyone on this board has a shit setup and frames their colored vinylzz because the two people who posted their setups in this thread weren't up to your standards. You heard one copy of this record, hated the sound, and apparently made this thread so you could shit on anyone who didn't hear what you did.

I give several craps about the sound I'm subjecting myself to, I just think you're an asshole.

Guest realtalk

go ahead and talk shit about daisy. youre the one blind to a solid and ambitious piece of art... not me.

also, my first down vote! yay!! realtalk was right! everyones hates me on here.. it only took a week for anyone to show it!

Why is this guy STILL mentioning me? AND saying I said things that I never said. $1,000,000 to anyone who can find me saying everyone hates Ry Bread. Offer open to you too Ry Bread.

And kudos for you man, you've calmed down a lot. I'll always be an excitable baish.

This thread was funny to read. Thanks for the comedies boys! :D

Bah, you guys are a bunch of morons. End of story. My elitism in this thread will come from the fact that very few of the people on this forum can think rationally. You don't have to sell your first born to get a decent rig. You don't have to even spend $500 bucks. But you guys have to take it to such extremes.

The guys on the Steve Hoffman forums don't listen to Brand New, you guys don't give a crap about the sound you subject yourselves to, maybe there should be a third forum that can reach this middle ground. Anyhow, I treasure the Hoffman forums. It's nice to be in the presence of people who care too much rather than too little.

I tried to start a discussion on the quality of a product with people who actually could own it and give some insight on their experiences with it. But then I remembered that most of you collect color variants and frame your records, when you're not posting in a thread about shoplifting from urban outfitters.

You guys have become a self-fulfilling joke. Peace out homies.

For the record, I like, nay, love this post.

i thought fav. weapon is a bunch of poorly written pop punk full of cheeseball high school bullshit.

Uhhh....wasn't this album written by high schoolers? lol Why are you comparing a record written by 18 year olds to one written almost 10 years later? That's just silly.

Anyway, just thought I'd say that YFW is the shit, the record sounds fine because the production wasn't spectacular in the first place, elitists can suck my balls, and this thread hilarious. Bravo everyone.