Trail of Dead - Lost songs Which label?Preorder? 3LP?

xpacinox

According to their Facebook page: "You can now pre-order Lost Songs from our UK/Euro webstore. We'll be launching the US pre-order next week, stay tuned." This was posted on 7th of September.

2 LP + bonus CD, also some kind of "mediabook" option...

http://www.facebook.com/andyouwillknowusbythetrailofdead

This is the UK/Euro webstore: http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/aywkubttod/

As far as I understand the 2 LP version comes without the 'Mediabook' which is only part of the Deluxe CD.

But you can't add the vinyl to your cart without selecting 'Mediabook' as an option first, which I believe is a bug.

I've written to the Euro webstore about this a week ago, but got no response.

I also asked if they use anything better than unpadded paper sleeves for vinyl (which seems to be awfully common in the UK).

So, no variations so far, no book with the vinyl, shipping from the UK.... I see no reason not to wait for release date or until we have confirmed variations.

One more thing I just remembered and causes a slight nerd rage in me.

The deluxe CD comes with a second CD which has a slightly different tracklist but apparently is again a 'no pause' version like they did for Tao. (Sorry can't find the source again where I originally read this.)

The 2LP comes with the regular CD, which is a pity as the vinyl will be the regular version of the album as well.

But I can't understand why. Who listens to single tracks on vinyl LPs?

I guess it would have been too much work/cost to create a 3rd version for vinyl that only has breaks at the end/beginning of each side... meh.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it would have been too much work/cost to create a 3rd version for vinyl that only has breaks at the end/beginning of each side... meh.

it seems to me if they go to the effort of releasing the vinyl variant, they'd do it the right way (ie no pause version). leave the regular CD version, with breaks between songs, for the ipodders out there. those of us who want to listen to it properly buy the vinyl. its not as if they are going to lose sales by pressing the vinyl as the no-pause version.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the green variants are from flight13.de or greenhell.de. green hell would make more sense though.

Nah, I get their Newsletter and if they had a special version they would most certainly promo that.

If I remember right the green/pink version of "Tao.." also only showed up a around release day in a German web store.

So, it's release day. Someone spotted the green vinyl already? :D

I wasn't aware that this isn't aware on vinyl in the US.

Indeed only CDs at Omega merch (which they link from their Facebook as US webstore) or Amazon.com.

Amazon.ca offers it, but as import at import prices CDN$47.

Also only European merchants offering this in Discogs.

My guess, if there will be a US release, it will be the be on green vinyl.

Does it look like I'm obsessed with the green vinyl? :rolleyes:

No, I'm happy with my ultra clear one. :D

oooooh wait, i ordered it last week!

from US, official distro for preorder, I kept checking this thread to know when it would become

available but finally stumbled on it reading ALL their facebook wall. its just very hard to find for

some reason but they did post it on facebook

http://www.cmdistro....l_Of_Dead/94533

they got all the bundles and the 2xLP by itself was 14.50$ +9$ for shipping to canada,

no idea what color it is though but at that price i almost ordered the cd book too.

Oh, right, CMDistro, I ordered mine at InsideOut which has its warehouse/fullfilment managed by CMdistro in Germany.

Didn't occur to me that they would also have a US branch.

Well, that's bad marketing... someone with a Facebook account better post that link in a comment.

I see there are a few people asking for the vinyl version.