PO: Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (Paradise Edition)

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently this Paradise Edition is getting released only as "Paradise" without the slipcase (only the record) and the price is lower.

And its available at amazon.ca and amazon.com

Mine doesn't have that but I did just notice some pretty bad scratches on Blue Jeans. :/ it's too late to return it. I got the 2xLP also. The only difference is the extra songs and being 180 gram. The U.S. version is single LP 140 gram.

I considered canceling my LP order but I already paid and I don't feel like dealing with it. But how do you know the amazon version doesn't have the empty slipcase? Ill buy it if the art is different or something.

Mine doesn't have that but I did just notice some pretty bad scratches on Blue Jeans. :/ it's too late to return it. I got the 2xLP also. The only difference is the extra songs and being 180 gram. The U.S. version is single LP 140 gram.

I considered canceling my LP order but I already paid and I don't feel like dealing with it. But how do you know the amazon version doesn't have the empty slipcase? Ill buy it if the art is different or something.

As far as I understand, amazon.ca sells both versions:

The one with the slipcase is called Born To Die: The Paradise Edition: http://www.amazon.ca/Born-Die-Paradise-Vinyl-Lana/dp/B009POCIW0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351612138&sr=8-1

And the regular one without the slipcase, Paradise: http://www.amazon.ca/Paradise-Vinyl-Lana-Del-Rey/dp/B009OXS8RQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351612138&sr=8-2

So there will be a US version of this and I don't have to buy an import. Is that what your getting at?

yes. but generally, universal UK vinyl is much better quality than interscope vinyl. i'm gonna wait til they're both released, but probably just go with the US version. i don't really care to spend tons of money on this.

Yeah, I'm into that album, but the wife will spin it a lot more. She isn't too concerned with sound quality. On the plus side, when I shared the link she mentioned wanting to buy it without even really knowing how it was different. So maybe some sort of irrational vinyl streak is developing.

I'll trade the irrationality of variant collection for her allocating more of our budget on records any day.

Another thing I just noticed, the track listing for "Paradise" according to amoeba records includes the iTunes bonus track "Burning Desire" but the "Paradise Edition" on her web store doesn't have it listed as a track. Kinda lame if they only did it for the U.S. release.

there's two different labels doing it, so they made different negotiations.

Balls. :/ well maybe her store messed up. I was the one who told them they didn't even have a "buy" button available so maybe they just forgot about it. I don't know. Haha. Just trying to be hopefull. Guess I have to purchase from amoeba too. $15 isn't bad.

• 2 weeks later...