crime in stereo is BACK

I definitely agree with the 'mentality' part - so I also rescind my statement. I actually think this is important in general to the understanding of genres - a band's genre shouldn't just be based on their sound, but on who they play shows with and who influences their music.

OH I wanted to say that because they are B9 they have to be hardcore. but you beat me to it.

if thats your definition of hardcore, where do bad brains, gorilla buiscits, youth of today, minor threat all fall in? they were hardcore bands before any of those bands you mentioned, but dont sound like them, so are they not hardcore bands?

just because are/were in that scene dosen't make them hardcore

just like blink 182 isn't punk or even pop punk for that matter

In this case, mewithoutYou is hxc.

IT'S CHRISTIAN HARDCORE BRO

to me, they run in the same vein as brand new. but again, that’s just me. I try to stay away from the genres thing, because If I get too concerned with what a band is labeled as I might miss out on something good.

I read an interview with hostage calm a while ago, they said "I always remember Crime in Stereo's The Troubled Stateside as how it felt being a teenager in the Bush years in America"

those two thoughts aren't related, but I just thought I'd throw them out there.

that is an old ass song and i'm pretty sure a band lets the actual music define them not aesthetics like screened covers or even label they're on. i'm with madie it's kind of the same thing with brand new. whatever this is useless arguing genres they're back & i'll be checking out their new stuff.

to me, they run in the same vein as brand new. but again, that’s just me. I try to stay away from the genres thing, because If I get too concerned with what a band is labeled as I might miss out on something good.

I read an interview with hostage calm a while ago, they said "I always remember Crime in Stereo's The Troubled Stateside as how it felt being a teenager in the Bush years in America"

those two thoughts aren't related, but I just thought I'd throw them out there.

I agree with the Brand New comparison. A friend once asked what they sounded like while browsing my records and I told him, "Like Brand New but cooler."

They same could be said for Sainthood Reps.

• 1 month later...