PO: MxPx - Pokinatcha 2xLP

Nope, it's the only MxPx album to not be on vinyl (Before Everything And After never happened. Let's not talk about it).

That marble color looks pretty rad in the mockup, anyone know what plant T&N usually goes through?

BEAA will likely never be released on vinyl. It's forever lost to the big label machine..sadly. But it's fun to see MxPx's first record being released. Ordered the marble version- the other two look boring.

Tooth and Nail didn't sell her the record- MerchDirect did. And she should be able to call them up about it and at least get her money back for it.

Still the lack of communication after the event still bothers me. I mean by now its been 4-5 months and it would not make a difference if we called but it was just an ugly experience. If tooth and nail had gotten back to her and told her it was merch direct cause I just remember her buying it off Tooth and Nail website cause only a few were available than I would be a bit less annoyed. My guess is they really did not have copies left.

Still the lack of communication after the event still bothers me. I mean by now its been 4-5 months and it would not make a difference if we called but it was just an ugly experience. If tooth and nail had gotten back to her and told her it was merch direct cause I just remember her buying it off Tooth and Nail website cause only a few were available than I would be a bit less annoyed. My guess is they really did not have copies left.

Dude, you likely still have an order number. Call them up. I bet they'll do something to help you out. Tooth and Nail really has nothing to do with merch orders..it's all MerchDirect.

BEAA will likely never be released on vinyl. It's forever lost to the big label machine..sadly.

Man,I don't know about you, but that record is completely unlistenable to me now. It's their blatant attempt to be a huge-ass rock band, and if they pulled it off it would be one thing, but Mike Herrera's songs do not do well with major-label production money. His eternal suspension in adolescence is only plausible without vocal effects, 3 guitar overdubs, or Benji Madden on backing vocals.

Who did you even email? If I remember right, there isn't any contact info on their website, specifically so they don't get hundreds of dumb emails from fans.

Man,I don't know about you, but that record is completely unlistenable to me now. It's their blatant attempt to be a huge-ass rock band, and if they pulled it off it would be one thing, but Mike Herrera's songs do not do well with major-label production money. His eternal suspension in adolescence is only plausible without vocal effects, 3 guitar overdubs, or Benji Madden on backing vocals.

Who did you even email? If I remember right, there isn't any contact info on their website, specifically so they don't get hundreds of dumb emails from fans.

The band even acknowledges BEAA is the black sheep of their records. They'll hardly ever play anything from it anymore, if at all. Interesting tidbit (to me, at least)- if you're a member of MxPx's fanclub, they upload an "alternate BEAA" version to download, which includes demos and acoustic versions of nearly every song from BEAA...(this ties in) do you remember the sound they had on the Renaissance EP? The one they recorded in their own studio...well, 5 of the demo songs from that "alternate BEAA" version they uploaded sound EXACTLY like the songs from the Renaissance EP and you can totally tell they were recording songs during those sessions that would eventually go on to be on BEAA--and they sound REALLY great raw/in the vein of the Renaissance EP sound. Check 'em out sometime if you get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a long review for my blog when BEAA came out. I wanted to hate it, but the brilliance of MXPX is that they have a knack for writing catchy pop-punk songs. There are a few songs ("More Everything," "The Capitol," and "You Make Me, Me") which are definitely some of their better, latter-day songs. But then the dreadful "Kings of Hollywood" is probably the worst song they ever recorded.

The band even acknowledges BEAA is the black sheep of their records. They'll hardly ever play anything from it anymore, if at all. Interesting tidbit (to me, at least)- if you're a member of MxPx's fanclub, they upload an "alternate BEAA" version to download, which includes demos and acoustic versions of nearly every song from BEAA...(this ties in) do you remember the sound they had on the Renaissance EP? The one they recorded in their own studio...well, 5 of the demo songs from that "alternate BEAA" version they uploaded sound EXACTLY like the songs from the Renaissance EP and you can totally tell they were recording songs during those sessions that would eventually go on to be on BEAA--and they sound REALLY great raw/in the vein of the Renaissance EP sound. Check 'em out sometime if you get a chance.

I'd love to hear those songs, didn't know they existed. I really like the song The Capitol on BEAA.

• 2 weeks later...