Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell (MoFi)

nyhi

glad to see that it finally exists! Anyone know what the pressing number is? Judging by the two zeros and the fact that it is still available when his fans eat everything up, Im guessing it is over 10K made.

I wouldn't be so sure on that 10K number.  Look at this Weezer release--http://www.mofi.com/product_p/mfsl1-391.htm  only 3000 made and still in stock (was only available before on CD, this is the first vinyl pressing).  MoFi only does large pressings for major artists like Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Beatles.  Most others are around 3-5K pressings, even though they rarely release pressing info.  

To be fair, that weezer release is a lame live EP. I imagine they pressed way more for Blue or Pinkerton and probably this.

But yeah, MD wasn't overwhelmed by pre-orders for this thing, thats why it kept getting pushed back and other mofi releases were put out.

Well also, MD put up the pre-order 6 months before they had the tapes.

For anyone interested: "As far as the sourcing for Love is Hell goes; The entire original main album (tracks 1-16) were mastered from original masters. Some of the bonus material including songs released in other countries, originally were mastered from the best sources that could be authenticated."

To be fair, that weezer release is a lame live EP. I imagine they pressed way more for Blue or Pinkerton and probably this.

But yeah, MD wasn't overwhelmed by pre-orders for this thing, thats why it kept getting pushed back and other mofi releases were put out.

Well also, MD put up the pre-order 6 months before they had the tapes.

Quite shocked preorders for LiH weren't overwhelming. This is so clearly an upgrade from the 2x10" that I think diehards will be forced to upgrade from their original copies.

So many RA fans are disappointed with the Lost Highway pressings (myself included) it would be a huge shame if they didn't tackle any of his other albums that so desperately need an upgrade too. Oh well, at least we got one of his best albums already.

I agree.

But with his lack of output the past few years, RAA going down, and TBY being dead ( due to lack of RA output) I'm sure word hasn't really got around that well.

I'm sure the price turned some off too.

But I agree, this is a must have for a fan.

The price is a fuckin' steal though considering how much the hugely inferior 2x10" original sells for. If I were concerned about the price, I'd be dumping my original on eBay immediately.

Should also mention that "Anybody Wanna Take Me Home" is also included on this version. I believe it was part of the original tracklisting but got scrapped on the US version since it's on RnR. It was part of the Japanese release.

It was recorded during the NY sessions for LiH, but the RnR version was a different take. 

It wasn't on the Eps overseas, but the NY version was added back to the tracklisting when they combined the 2 Eps into a single disc the next year.

It was recorded during the NY sessions for LiH, but the RnR version was a different take.

It wasn't on the Eps overseas, but the NY version was added back to the tracklisting when they combined the 2 Eps into a single disc the next year.

Yeah, I basically learned this album w/o it so it was a bit weird having it included when I started going with the Japanese version instead. It's better with it included though, of course.

Excited to receive this....can't believe they included he b-sides...

(Now just need an official release of the LiH "Hard Way to Fall")....

If ever a day comes when his entire hidden vault is opened up for listening, you probably won't hear from me for a year because I'll be too busy learning all of it.

If ever a day comes when his entire hidden vault is opened up for listening, you probably won't hear from me for a year because I'll be too busy learning all of it.

I want Blackhole! It was all ready to go...he got tests back from the plant and then, nothing.

If we're really being greedy that 20:20 boxset of unreleased albums would be spectacular