Joyful Noise Test Pressing Week

jipc

Fuck.

Didn't get the Lou Barlow, but did get the Make Believe...

So I now have 8 of the 12 flexi tests for this years subscription, but am missing Deerhoof (my fave of the lot), Lou Barlow, of Montreal (hopefully tomorrow?) and the next one coming this year (Richard Swift)

If anyone snagged the Lou Barlow and/or Deerhoof wants to trade or sell it to me, let me know.

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=lindermanr

Well, they did have a Kishi Bashi flexi test for something not yet released, so there is always a very very slim chance that they would have something oM that is unreleased at this point that is neither flexi nor cassette... very slim, though.... like, flexi slim.

So, how'd we do today?

I got the SWAPS since it has Deerhoof on it and I'm bonkers for Deerhoof.

I was going to try and snag another Tortoise (I got one in the first wave) to tray and trade for Lou Barlow or Deerhoof Symphony and if noone wanted it I was going to hand it off to one of you fine folks... but it was sold out.

There will be 3 more Tortoise Flexis available today at noon.

"

TORTOISE FLEXI TESTS AVAILABLE!

That's right: technology failed us... but it has a silver lining. Due to a glitch on our site last Friday, the Tortoise "HOT COFFEE" Flexi Disc displayed that it was "sold out" before it had actually sold out. And we didn't notice until today after all of our orders went out and we were left with 3 extra Tortoise flexis.

So, in an effort to be fair to all the obsessive Tortoise fans out these, we will be putting these up for sale TOMORROW!

If you'd like a chance to grab this super rare Test Flexi just visit THIS PAGE at noon (EST) tomorrow, Thursday December 6th. But be mindful that this release is a hot commodity, so don't show up late."

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else buy a Tape Test? 

I grabbed the Japandroids Tape Test solely because I think this is such an amazing record. I keep staring at it on my shelf thinking, what the hell is this thing? It feels like such an outlier in my collection. 

I guess I don't have a question but this tape is one of the oddest things I've ever bought. For some reason vinyl tests make sense but this doesn't even though it should.