PO: Dropkick Murphys - Signed Sealed in Blood (and bonus 7", presale tickets)

kyacrash

http://www.dropkickmurphys.com/

Presale went up yesterday but with all the black friday hoopla I think it got overlooked.

Signed and Sealed in Blood, new album out Jan 8 2013, 2xLP on red 180 gram vinyl limited to 1000. Lots of bundles available including the new 7" "The Season's Upon Us" on red, green, or white vinyl each limited to 1000 ships in time for Christmas. Presale tickets for St. Patrick's day shows are also up.

If you haven't heard the new song, Rose Tattoo, it's probably the best DKM song I've heard in like, ten years. And the video is pretty awesome.

Upset that I haven't cared for them in a while. They used to be one of my favorite bands.

For some reason, I still kinda care about them. Even though they are a shell of the band I loved years ago. I'll pre-order this, even though I don't expect much. They played 4-5 new songs when I saw them a couple months ago, and I thought they were all pretty weak. I think that McColgan, Barton and Orrell were integral to the version(s) of the band I liked.

• 4 weeks later...

This album us great, personally I like their last 3 or 4 albums since Warriors Code more than any before them (not to say I don't love those albums)

If you like their latest efforts, you should just listen to Flogging Molly.  They do that brand of celtic/folk/punk way better than DKM.  I wish the Murphys were still a punk band...

• 2 weeks later...

I've listened to this maybe three times through now, and it's growing on me.  There are a few songs that will always get skipped or turned down, but overall, I think it's going to grow into a really good record.  I couldn't get into the last record, but Meanest of Times was pretty good.  In the description for this it talked about the big sing-alongs, but it's right - they are huge.  Al does show up more than on Going Out in Style, which is nice.  I won't break down a review that you don't want to read to a song by song thing, but it's definitely worth checking out.  Sure, the Celtic-Punk think has kind of ran its course, but there are a few bands that own it and can do it for as long as they want; I'm pretty sure DKM is one of them.

Unrelated but still related - did anybody else pick up the recent Bruisers - Independence Day LP from Rebellion Records?  I'm very happy with that.