Tablets

so im in the market to buy a tablet for my wife to use both at home and in her classroom. iPads are out as they have a couple for her grade for teachers to share and she does not like how it works for her needs (access to google/google docs, word editing, teacher type stuff). any suggestions would be awesome, but what we've looked at so far has been limited to the Microsoft Surface. Ive looked at the Samsung Tab 10.1 (recommended from a teacher friend) and we've looked at the Nexus 10. any suggestions? thanks!!

Since Google released their new Drive app, google docs can be edited on iOS devices but if she's really set on something not apple I'd go with the new surface. Microsoft is finally doing something right and honestly it looks like it will only get better.

Also Muff if I was a mod I'd ban the fuck out of you.

Guest Big Hairy Stinky Muff

Since Google released their new Drive app, google docs can be edited on iOS devices but if she's really set on something not apple I'd go with the new surface. Microsoft is finally doing something right and honestly it looks like it will only get better.

Also Muff if I was a mod I'd ban the fuck out of you.

If i was a mod id ban the F out of u

If i was a mod id ban the F out of u

If trolling the googlenetz is where you find the core source of your entertainment, I would very seriously evaluate your purpose on this earth. Perhaps construct a list detailing both the pros and cons of your existence, once weighed out you may decide whether or not you should be spending hours upon hours providing minor irritations to a handful of people in which you will never meet in real life.

Or...you could just quote this, while also responding with a poorly constructed sentence, containing both indiscernible content and poor grammar skills.

Choose your own adventure.

If trolling the googlenetz is where you find the core source of your entertainment, I would very seriously evaluate your purpose on this earth. Perhaps construct a list detailing both the pros and cons of your existence, once weighed out you may decide whether or not you should be spending hours upon hours providing minor irritations to a handful of people in which you will never meet in real life.

Or...you could just quote this, while also responding with a poorly constructed sentence, containing both indiscernible content and poor grammar skills.

Choose your own adventure.

Ur mean. U basically r telling me 2 kill myself. U think i care if u find me irritating 4 no reason? I got news 4 u tuff guy bro....I DONT

Ur mean. U basically r telling me 2 kill myself. U think i care if u find me irritating 4 no reason? I got news 4 u tuff guy bro....I DONT

*You are mean.

*You are basically telling me to kill myself.

*Do you think I care if you find me irritating for no reason?

*I have news for you tough guy.

*Brother, I don't.

thanks for the couple

i dont know what it is, theres something specific with the way their network works in their school and the access of google drive on the iPad that makes it really glitchy. i know everyone has issues with it, its not just my wife, so were looking for something non-apple.

*You are mean.

*You are basically telling me to kill myself.

*Do you think I care if you find me irritating for no reason?

*I have news for you tough guy.

*Brother, I don't.

Uh oh the grammar police is out. I dont care if u dont like how i type.

Is there any reason you are dismissing the $80 tablets that people are selling now? I think they do for the most part what a tablet is supposed to do (play movies, surf web, play games). It will be obsolete quicker but it's also about 1/5 the price so who cares. If you are looking to do some high powered computing, get a real computer!

Is there any reason you are dismissing the $80 tablets that people are selling now? I think they do for the most part what a tablet is supposed to do (play movies, surf web, play games). It will be obsolete quicker but it's also about 1/5 the price so who cares. If you are looking to do some high powered computing, get a real computer!

well those are the three things she does not plan to need a tablet for. she is looking for something she can walk around the class room with and work on documents/grades/projects on without having to carry a laptop around, or working from her desk.

If you are looking to do some high powered computing, get a real computer!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but from a development standpoint this no longer holds any validity. Over 20% of americans only use tablets to access the web (I know this is for more than just the web) and in not even a year's time mobile devices will overtake desktop and laptop PCs as a user's primary computer. People are no longer buying computers AND tablets instead its one OR the other.

Also, the brand new Surface Pro will run Windows 8 in its entirety... that sounds like a real computer to me.

Trevor I don't disagree with you on the change in what people are buying. My point is, how much computing power do you need to surf the web (or grade papers). 2GB of RAM? A dual core processor? You can get something like this for about $100.

I can't really back this claim up with stats or anything, but I would guess that the majority of people who buy Ipads and high end Samsung products don't use half of the computing power they are paying the extra hundreds for. You likely aren't editing movies, doing 3 dimensional modelling, etc. on a tablet. You don't need a ton of power to do the basics.