Tell me restaurants and coffee shops I NEED to visit in NYC and Brooklyn!

Quick suggestions. Pretty much all in Manhattan

Grimaldi's for Pizza - 20th and 6th Ave

Peanut Butter and Company for Coffee/Sandwiches/Ice Cream/Treats - Sullivan Street (Generation Records is nearby on Thompson)

Nyonya for Malaysian food (Cheap and highly rated) - Grand Street

Congee Village on Allen Street for Traditional/American Chinese

San Loco on 2nd Ave and St Marks for some gringo Tacos/Burritos

Shake Shack has multiple locations

La Torina Cafe around Washington Square Park has good coffee and deserts

I honestly don't drink coffee so I can't really help you there.

Theres so much in Brooklyn as well but some places require travel. If I get it together I'll post later

"Here it is, heart of NYC, Times Square. Named for the good times you have when you're in it. Most people when they come to New York, they go straight to the Empire State Building, thats pretty touristy. I come here. Great places to eat. We have Bubba Gump Shrimp, Red Lobster down there, you know. This is the heart of civilization, right here"

You need to hit Chinatown for a meal. If you are a dumpling fanatic head to the Nice Green Bo on Bayard just off of Mott. I've eaten in every restaurant in Chinatown as I was on a mission to find the best dumpling and I promise you it will not disappoint. It looks like a hole in the wall, and I suppose it is, but they have a special guy making dumplings all day. The scallion pancakes are amazing and they have $3 beers. It is cheap, good and filling. As a bonus Chinatown is a must in my opinion for any trip to NYC. This is one place you won't find in pretty much any guide. Hit it up and let me know.

You need to hit Chinatown for a meal. If you are a dumpling fanatic head to the Nice Green Bo on Bayard just off of Mott. I've eaten in every restaurant in Chinatown as I was on a mission to find the best dumpling and I promise you it will not disappoint. It looks like a hole in the wall, and I suppose it is, but they have a special guy making dumplings all day. The scallion pancakes are amazing and they have $3 beers. It is cheap, good and filling. As a bonus Chinatown is a must in my opinion for any trip to NYC. This is one place you won't find in pretty much any guide. Hit it up and let me know.

This is something that I will absolutely check out! Love me a good dumpling haha

Will do and thanks!

If you're in Jamaica Queens at any point, definitely check out a pizza place called Margherita. Fucking amazing. Good luck finding a table though. Most people stand there and eat it. I'd say it's totally worth it. Also, and this is kind of off topic, but next time I'm up I really want to check out a bar called Bua in the village... It used to be the original Sin-é as in Jeff Buckley Live At Sin-é so I gotta go.

I enjoyed Carnegie Deli when I visited New York

http://www.carnegiedeli.com/home.php

holy fuck dude. that place is good, but $$$.

i stayed at Park Central hotel for 30 nights for work. they paid for many meals of course. I recommend a stop or two at carnige. keep in mind it is a deli.

coffee...i can't help though. not a huge coffee drinker. there are so many places around. manhattan probably has a few, but most likely upper (directional) sides. little italy was a place i frequented... had lots of places. it was getting cold when i left (wednesday), so dress warm!

If you're in Jamaica Queens at any point, definitely check out a pizza place called Margherita. Fucking amazing. Good luck finding a table though. Most people stand there and eat it. I'd say it's totally worth it. Also, and this is kind of off topic, but next time I'm up I really want to check out a bar called Bua in the village... It used to be the original Sin-é as in Jeff Buckley Live At Sin-é so I gotta go.

99 cent pizza. NO JOKE!

The Bagel Store! The best bagels in Brooklyn (the only reason I liked NY)

You can't go wrong with a lot of bagel places. Thats the beauty. I recommend Ess-A-Bagel. Also I forgot to recommend Ferrara's in Little Italy. Go there for your coffee and desert after you go to Nyonya. Its also on Grand Street.

S'mac on 12th between 1st and 2nd for mindblowing Mac & Cheese. (Your also not terribly far from Mondo Kim's at that point.)

The Roasting Plant in Greenwich Villiage for coffee - you need nothing else. (It's also between Bleecker Street Records & Rebel Rebel - both generally overpriced but you can find good deals if you hunt.)