Finding value of vinyl

Hello everyone, I'm quite new to collecting records and when I head over to the Buy/Sell/Trade thread a lot of people are saying "Make me offers!" and to be honest, I have NO IDEA how much a vinyl is worth. I trust that if I were to ask most of you, "Hey what would you want for that?" I wouldn't get screwed over BUT you never know and I need to know how to barter for these things myself eventually.

So... Is there is anywhere on the net that I can find the value for these super rare records? Or information on pressings?

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Someone should really just sticky a thread of popular sites no offense to you op just speaking in general.

ebay.com

collectorsfrenzy.com

popsike.com (I personally don't use this site as I don't find it that accurate)

Now more than ever it seems prices are constantly fluctuating so don't be afraid to hold out for a price depending on the rarity.

also keep in mind when making deals on vc people don't always want ebay prices some might but the reality is if they're asking the exact

price it's selling for on ebay they aren't figuring in ebay fees.

1) popsike

2) completed ebay listings

3) search this site or other message boards for listings with prices attached (some may be high, but it's a ballpark)

FYI, popsike only logs ebay auctions that go over a certain amount. I want to say it is $25? So if it isn't on popsike, I would assume it goes for near list price, maybe a little less for being used, unless something else leads you to believe otherwise.

Also, when pricing something from these sites you need to note the most recent say five sales. Also, there is always an outlier - one that sold too high and one that sold way too low. Look at recent sales and come up with a reasonable average. When dealing with a site like this build up a stable of people you've cut good deals with or helped with trades or tour items. Sale prices on a board like this will be well below eBay if you've built up some good will around here. Trust me, people take notice.

I remember I was just honest and said Hey. I'm a little new to this and don't have a reference point to make an offer from. I think that the majority of sellers here would be fair with that like my seller was with me. Most everyone I worked with in the early times was helpful with tips and suggestions.

Edit- Everything else in this thread is good advice for actually finding the value.