#121212concert

i've always been kind of anti-stones. i just don't believe they deserve any comparison to the beatles whatsoever, and i can't imagine the landscape of music today being any different without them ever forming.

i do like a few songs that i've heard here and there, and i've listened to a couple albums... but nothing's changed my mind about that.

i've always been kind of anti-stones. i just don't believe they deserve any comparison to the beatles whatsoever, and i can't imagine the landscape of music today being any different without them ever forming.

i do like a few songs that i've heard here and there, and i've listened to a couple albums... but nothing's changed my mind about that.

you can not like the stones or whatever, but thinking they had no influence on later music is just ignorant!

what'd i miss? i'm streaming this and the celtics at the same time, and just keep checking back over to see if it ends.

celts are in their second OT, and the who went on in regulation. i honestly don't know which will end first.

wow, that's a pretty bold statement, and also horribly wrong.

you can dislike them, but The Stones went out there and brought rawness and sex appeal to rock like no one before them. Without them, rock could have conceivably continued as the  kind of hippie flower power music the Beatles were putting out. Which is fine,  positivity needs to be out there, but the Stones changed the game.

That said, the Stones needed the Beatles to disband to fill in the void left behind.

Credit, where credit is due, is my point.