FS: Unplayed and in shrink white Brand New the Devil and God are Raging Inside Me

mrrom92

Oof. What a crazy week it's been.

I've been trying to get this record forever. Just last week, I finally won a copy. I was pretty excited. Then just an hour ago, I ended up winning another copy in another color that I wanted even more.

Now I don't plan to keep the one I originally won, and I feel really bad that I swiped it away from other people who really wanted it in the auction. So I'd like to offer it back up for sale.

I'm not looking to make any money on this, I just want to sell it back at cost so it can go to someone who wants it and so I don't lose any money.

The record is the white triple crown pressing. (The better pressing of the two) Opened only to verify color, but the shrink is still over the jacket, so the gatefold has never been opened and the cover is still perfect. That means the sticker with the title is still on the shrink too. Don't see those very often.

Both records have never been played. Short of getting one that is totally sealed, this one is as perfect as you could hope to find.

A couple of people on this forum who I know really wanted it, including one who I outbid on this very record, have first dibs. But after them, it's a matter of whoever messages me first, If they pass on it.

$110 gets it shipped anywhere in the US. It'll be a bit more for overseas of course. Just contact me first. Once again, I'm only selling this at cost.

PayPal only please.

Wait wait wait, the white /3000 or whatever goes for $100+?

Yeah pretty much. I mean, condition is key too. You could prob get one that's been opened and played a few times for 80 or 90 bucks. The white is the easiest to get but it's more a matter of finding a good one and then being able to lock it in at a good price. Totally sealed would probably bring $130-$175

Yeah ill wait until Christmas is over and get a better pressing for like $60.

This shit's crazy.

Ima be honest I have been looking actively for the past 6 months and with very rare exceptions I haven't really seen them go that low. If they did I'd be all over it, trust me I didn't wanna spend 100+ on the white OR the red lol. If it was up to me I wouldn't even spend 60, but this is how the market seems to be for me...

I feel like after Christmas lotsa little kiddies are gonna have lots of money to blow too. So I don't see the prices going down.i was only able to get it because of chanukkah money hahah. #yayjews

It does every year, promise. Last year, Deja was going for $300 at Christmas time. Two months later, it was going for $150. TDAG is no exception. Last year, it was going for $100 at Christmas time, within two months, I bought two copies for about $65 or less a piece. There are many opportunities to buy this for a decent price.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging you for trying to get your money back. If I paid that much, I would too. Just saying, there are like 6000 copies of this album, if not more (although maybe a little less, I don't know all the AFS numbers) and this price is completely ridiculous.

Bumping this. I put it up on eBay, seeing how one sold last night for $187 and in worse shape than this one. But if anyone still wants it, let me know and if you do before anyone bids then I'll pull the auction.

you're not going to find people willing to pay that on this site. you will, however, get way more than $110 for it on eBay. good luck man.

I was talking to Billy about this the other night. In total there are like 10,000--yes---10,000 copies on multiple variants pressed, yet it still goes for so much. I don't get it. Brand new is such a hype band for vinyl it's insane.

i was just thinking about that too, other than the mars volta ive never seen such a high pressing count go for that much, I dont get it.

glad i got mine when it was actually released.

To be fair, I think TDAG was a vinyl enthusiast's wet dream for a number of years.  I know that it was atop my I wish they'd press... list for what felt like forever.  That is to say, it certainly had time to gather the cult following that it has, before seeing the vinyl treatment.  What's really fun to imagine is there being one pressing the year it was released [2006] -- just 1,000 copies on black vinyl, a la Deja Entendu.  (And maybe another 1,000 shortly after.  But with the UPC on a sticker instead of printed on the jacket.)  Can you even imagine the competition and market at this point?  Especially since it's, you know, their best album and all.

the biggest problem is that most people (yes, me included) who have this record seem to have several copies. so while 10,000 copies may exist, the number of people who own this album is probably closer to 2,500.

your favorite weapon kind of ruined it for everyone though.

I couldn't imagine hopping on this bandwagon after the initial release and paying more than retail for multiple copies like many do to get all of the variants. Glad I got every single one of my variants at  retail price (with the exception of the tour gold, which I traded from a good dude [dashhax] for a copy on red. Also the reason why I still don't have the white AFS version. I refuse to pay those batshit crazy prices on the bay. So yeah, shameless plug. I'm still looking to trade whatever for a copy of this. Tradelist in sig.