Dine Alone: City and Colour Holiday Vinyl + Alexisonfire Releases

Does anyone remember the debacle when the C&C Sometimes RSD release came out? People's orders went through only to have them cancelled later. Which is worse? Losing it from your cart at checkout, or losing it several hours later after you checked out and thought it was safe. There was less of a shit storm then than there is now and it's the same kind of scenario.

Not to mention gcarn's last post is spot on. 

I'm really sorry for all you guys who wanted this as badly as I wanted it but didn't get a chance because of the bad handling of this situation..

anyway I got a question:

Does anyone know why the split with The Bled isn't included in this one? I will try to pick up an original copy of this anyway but I'm interested in the reason.. I can understand that they didn't include the single 7" like Accidents and Boiled Frogs but why not this split?

Does anyone know why the split with The Bled isn't included in this one? I will try to pick up an original copy of this anyway but I'm interested in the reason.. I can understand that they didn't include the single 7" like Accidents and Boiled Frogs but why not this split?

I have 3 guesses as to why.

1) The boxset is just AOF and no other bands. (other than Moneen, but that's different.)

2) It's just Counterparts and number them.. nothing special that's not already in the box.

3) They might not have the rights to press it. (It was on Sore Point)

I have 3 guesses as to why.

1) The boxset is just AOF and no other bands. (other than Moneen, but that's different.)

2) It's just Counterparts and number them.. nothing special that's not already in the box.

3) They might not have the rights to press it. (It was on Sore Point)

ok 3 good reasons :) I will buy that seperately to make the collection complete :)

Priorities.

I did have priorities. But like everyone else said they just kept you hanging on for just a second more, keep posted, we're going to release a few more dozen soon... Blah blah blah. Bullshit bullshit bullshit. Like I said before, they should have saved the people who had it in their cart. Do they have to have thousands of dollar in software to do that? Maybe me and everyone else are in the wrong here. Completely unfair to real fans like myself who, just saying , have literally flown across and out of the country to see them because they didn't play in the us for their farewell tour. Who love the band. I have my priorities, and after a few failed attempts said screw this, it just isn't right. And I know people are goi to say your entitled, your stupid, and angry during the holidays, but maybe that's because they haven't been waiting for this release for over a year, just to get told to take a hike in the checkout process. And I can't afford to buy the other releases, because yet again the " your a limited limited vinyl collector". WHen really, I'm not a limited vinyl collector at all, I have about 50 or 60 records of my favorite bands. And that's all I really want. And I don't have a lot of money to get them. So when I can't get them after I've saved for months like everyone else, for no good reason, I get pissed. This whole situation is completely stupid

The whole thing was a bummer. I stayed up for the wife, the site was slow but i progressed w/o any issues. Added to cart, went to pay, went to paypal paid and when loading confirmation page it froze. Then was able to do it and fail 3 more times till it sold out. Huge failure

One thing I agree with is you do not know how to make websites crash.

It's actually very easy in reality.

Get tens of thousands of computers (or bots) to refresh the same site every second.

It's called a ddos attack. It's exactly what happened last night.

How can you avoid this? Easy, spend tens of thousands of dollars on server hardware!

Is it worth it for a small label to spend shit tons of cash for a 4 hours of traffic spike a year?

Easy answer there I would hope.

They do not have to spend enormous amount of money to develop. They should rather use logical thinking. It was easy to predict that the site will crash, even at the time of the announcement it was dead as hell and it was no question that the box set will be popular as well (more thousands of shares and likes). They should have made these 1000 copies available in 2 parts, i.e. 500 copies on 25th and 500 copies 500 on 26th of December or something like that. It might have been helpful for people like us who were sitting here at Christmas eve clicking on the refresh button hopelessly.

They do not have to spend enormous amount of money to develop. They should rather use logical thinking. It was easy to predict that the site will crash, even at the time of the announcement it was dead as hell and it was no question that the box set will be popular as well (more thousands of shares and likes). They should have made these 1000 copies available in 2 parts, i.e. 500 copies on 25th and 500 copies 500 on 26th of December or something like that. It might have been helpful for people like us who were sitting here at Christmas eve clicking on the refresh button hopelessly.

You think splitting it in 2 drops would stop the site from crashing?

I'm going to disagree with you there.

The only way to not have the traffic spike is to not have a limited release (or to not tell people the exact time).

You think splitting it in 2 drops would stop the site from crashing?

I'm going to disagree with you there.

The only way to not have the traffic spike is to not have a limited release (or to not tell people the exact time).

Agreed. If they released it in 2 separate batches of 500, that just means we would have wasted hours trying to order it twice instead of once.

At least the New Damage and Dine Alone KRM stores hold your fuckin items in your cart

Cart hoarding becomes a entire other issue.

People put them in the cart and do not check out for reasons I do not know.

They end up being 'Sold Out' until they get dropped from the cart's timeout.

This causes people to have to constantly refresh the page for hours until the lingering cart dropouts are actually sold out.

This combined with DDOS level traffic would have been just as frustrating in my opinion.

rather then have a fucked up free for all on a qty of 1.

I'm pretty sure the free for all's were for more than one at a time. (I'd guess 3-6)

I base that on some of the drops caused multiple VC members to get a copy, and I can only assume the posters here are only a small fraction of the people trying to get the box.

All I'm saying is with the demand / supply this had, the frustration everyone had is pretty much unavoidable.

I think DA is tasting the aftermath of this disaster right now.. besides the bashing here on this board, which is actually really reasonable, there are quite harsh comments on facebook and other social media.

Even though I'm not affected I'm waiting for an "official" statement by DA and I'm actually also waiting for some measures to be taken..

Has anyone heard something from justin since that night?

Do they need to spin it?

It sold out. Enough has been said technically.

From a public relations perspective, hell yea they do.

You know damn well a shit load of these ended up in flippers hands thanks to the unlimited amount you could order, so obviously fans are pissed. Plus the wasted time on Christmas Day, that pissed off a lot of people.

Now we could get into the whole entitled argument, people being selfish, yadda yadda yadda, but from a business perspective, Dine Alone and AOF fucked up big time with this PO. It was a clusterfuck from the beginning, and then the sale its self was the cherry on the top. If they plan to keep customers, and make pissed off fans happy, they are obviously going to try and spin something, if not, at the very least, there will be some sort of apology for the way things were handled.