Recently Viewing

Behind the Mask is one of the best horror comedies I've seen, stoked for the eventual sequel.

Caught a couple of indie flicks with the gal last night, both ended up being depressing as all hell.  First was The Freebie, written and directed by Katie Aselton (The League).  I was never a fan of Dax Shepard until I started catching him in his newer indie movies, and the guy is actual a pretty good actor and the chemistry between him and Aselton seems authentic.  Overall, the movie was really great, just really depressing.  Not the best date flick.

Watched The Vicious Kind afterwards.  Adam Scott does a great job as a crazed asshole and proves himself as more than just a comedic force.  I would recommend checking this out on Netflix, though again, not a date flick at all.  

Somebody recommend something cute to watch dammit.  

The Vicious Kind is my favorite movie. Adam Scott kills in it.

Behind the Mask is one of the best horror comedies I've seen, stoked for the eventual sequel.

Caught a couple of indie flicks with the gal last night, both ended up being depressing as all hell.  First was The Freebie, written and directed by Katie Aselton (The League).  I was never a fan of Dax Shepard until I started catching him in his newer indie movies, and the guy is actual a pretty good actor and the chemistry between him and Aselton seems authentic.  Overall, the movie was really great, just really depressing.  Not the best date flick.

Watched The Vicious Kind afterwards.  Adam Scott does a great job as a crazed asshole and proves himself as more than just a comedic force.  I would recommend checking this out on Netflix, though again, not a date flick at all. 

Holy shit man, I completely forgot about both of these movies.  My girlfriend and I watched The Freebie when we saw it was on Instant such a long time ago.  We kept waiting for a happy ending but of course no, it never came.  Same with the Vicious Kind, haha.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  We watched Friends with Benefits last night, I don't care what anyone says, such a great flick. Definitely cheesy and the plot is really predictable, but the dialogue was super funny and Timberlake and Kunis killed it.  

Those were the prime years of Pitt's career, in my opinion at least.

I don't think many people would argue with that. The only good thing to come out of The Tree of Life was the frames Pitt wore, which are on my face.

Seven -> 12 Monkeys is a great string.

I'm yet to see Se7en, I should probably do that.

Watching the human centipede 2. This is some nasty shit...

Ah, memories. I watched that over my first McDonald's hot cake breakfast.

Finally got around to catching up on the newest season of the Office.  This should probably be added to the "Hate Watch" thread, but Jesus is this season awful.  Seriously, it's nearly as bad as when they ended Scrubs, only to add that half-assed season shortly afterward.  Ed Helms is hardly on the show, they're changing entire character personalities that have been built up for nearly a decade (Jim and Pam), and they've added characters with zero development.  I'm really sad the show is ending, but if this is how they're going out then they should have just ended it last season. 

Finally got around to catching up on the newest season of the Office.  This should probably be added to the "Hate Watch" thread, but Jesus is this season awful.  Seriously, it's nearly as bad as when they ended Scrubs, only to add that half-assed season shortly afterward.  Ed Helms is hardly on the show, they're changing entire character personalities that have been built up for nearly a decade (Jim and Pam), and they've added characters with zero development.  I'm really sad the show is ending, but if this is how they're going out then they should have just ended it last season. 

Michael leaving would have been a good ending.

The more I think about it, it's not even really the same show I used to love. For some reason they separated Jim and Dwight, which was always a great angle. They have also lost Michael, Ryan, Kelly, Andy (partially), and Jan (not crucial but she was way fucking better than Nellie).

Dwight is better in a supporting role (like he was to Michael most of the time) than the main office setting character.

So yeah, I agree. Every year it has been getting steadily worse since about the Jim/Pam wedding and it's just barely treading water at this point. But there are only 6 episodes left, and it's spread over 4 weeks (2 episodes a week for the final 2). So, sticking it out.