my sister has that problem (but only once or twice a year). she works in HR for a relatively large company, and when they do open enrollment for health coverage, she winds up working 12 hour days all week and sometimes goes in on the weekend (and she's salaried, so she doesn't even get paid for that time). her company usually does nice stuff for them, like take them all out to lunch, and bring them breakfast.

ooohhh fuck that (salary) noise. I'm paid hourly and we get time & a half, and then double time once we hit 10 hours of overtime, so that is very nice.

thank you for making me feel better, now I feel bad for your sis !

So, I just realized that since I've met Erin...I've officially met almost all of my major Internet friends. There are maybe about two more and that should happen sometime this Summer.

Until you guys happened, now I have so many more internet friends to meet.

All of my social circle besides 4 people, I have met on the internet.

is it ever awkward logan? I mean I've met two people from here and it wasn't really. but still, spending a lot of time getting to know someone ...not in person really is different.

i feel like i anticipate so much more awkwardness than actually ever happens.

then again, i'm pretty anti-social and try to avoid most in person hangouts, even if i really like that person. usually once i get over the 'ugggghhhh have to leave my housseeeee' part of it, i have a great time.

i've met jason! y'all should be jealous.

is it ever awkward logan? I mean I've met two people from here and it wasn't really. but still, spending a lot of time getting to know someone ...not in person really is different.

I've only ever noticed it being weird when it's people I've known short term on the internet, which sounds pretty strange.

I knew my absolute best friends a little over a year before I flew to Florida to meet them and we clicked instantly. I remember being so nervous because I have bad social anxiety, I was terrified they wouldn't like me or vice versa or that it would just be very strange. They all placed bets that I would run down the stairs instead of taking the escalator, so they all stood at the bottom of the steps to catch me if I fell. I absolutely ran down the steps and tripped...fell into their arms. It was a pretty fantastic first meeting.

Erin jumped into my arms at the airport, we've been friends for 6-7 years. I keep telling her how it honesty feels so strange because we're so relaxed around each other that it feels like we grew up in the same state our whole lives. Then I stop to think about it and I'm like "this is only the 3rd day that I've known this girl in person."

The only struggle I've had so far, is that I'm not a jealous person but my social anxiety tends to make me panic that she might not like me. She got along really, really well with one of my good friends, Kaitlin, who took us to philly. I obviously wanted them to get along, but my anxiety was like "NO THESE ARE MY FRIENDS AND THEYRE GONNA LIKE EACH OTHER MORE AND LEAVE ME." Obviously that isn't true.

The coolest part are catching on to habits they have in person.

Like within 20 minutes of meeting, Erin pointed out that I can't go more than 5 minutes without applying Chapstick. Whenever something is like...stupidly funny or ridiculous (especially bad puns), she puts down her head and goes "goddamnit."

When it comes to short term online friends, I think you just don't know enough about the person but you still know them more than meeting for the first time. So you aren't fully comfortable and you get these lulls in conversation because you're still figuring out your balance with these people.

I REALLY LOVE FRIENDSHIP.

I think we should settle that everyone is a 100 =]

Babe Collective.

I've only ever noticed it being weird when it's people I've known short term on the internet, which sounds pretty strange.

I knew my absolute best friends a little over a year before I flew to Florida to meet them and we clicked instantly. I remember being so nervous because I have bad social anxiety, I was terrified they wouldn't like me or vice versa or that it would just be very strange. They all placed bets that I would run down the stairs instead of taking the escalator, so they all stood at the bottom of the steps to catch me if I fell. I absolutely ran down the steps and tripped...fell into their arms. It was a pretty fantastic first meeting.

Erin jumped into my arms at the airport, we've been friends for 6-7 years. I keep telling her how it honesty feels so strange because we're so relaxed around each other that it feels like we grew up in the same state our whole lives. Then I stop to think about it and I'm like "this is only the 3rd day that I've known this girl in person."

The only struggle I've had so far, is that I'm not a jealous person but my social anxiety tends to make me panic that she might not like me. She got along really, really well with one of my good friends, Kaitlin, who took us to philly. I obviously wanted them to get along, but my anxiety was like "NO THESE ARE MY FRIENDS AND THEYRE GONNA LIKE EACH OTHER MORE AND LEAVE ME." Obviously that isn't true.

The coolest part are catching on to habits they have in person.

Like within 20 minutes of meeting, Erin pointed out that I can't go more than 5 minutes without applying Chapstick. Whenever something is like...stupidly funny or ridiculous (especially bad puns), she puts down her head and goes "goddamnit."

When it comes to short term online friends, I think you just don't know enough about the person but you still know them more than meeting for the first time. So you aren't fully comfortable and you get these lulls in conversation because you're still figuring out your balance with these people.

I REALLY LOVE FRIENDSHIP.

Babe Collective.

i'm surprised my bff didn't turn around and get back on the plane when she first met me. i literally fell down onto the floor in fits of giggles. (i tend to get really awkward and silly when i'm super excited) then when my initial giddiness is over, i'm only moderately goofy.

i get panicky too about people not liking me/liking my friends more than me, despite knowing that it's kind of ridiculous. i think with my best friend being so far away, i'm like WELL SHE'S OBVIOUSLY GONNA JUST LIKE SOMEONE BETTER WHO CAN HANG OUT WITH HER ALL THE TIME. so i get jealous sometimes of her other friends just because they can just go out for lunch or see a movie together on a whim when i can't.

Geez, this was like 5 years ago [we have been on this board way too long]. I remember taking the train to South Street. Hopefully we got Govindas. mmm Govindas.

this just means we are overdue for a hangout. and yes, yes we have. all these youngins don't know jack.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic